Designer Tire Gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok maybe not designer but for under five bucks (round style design)---- Accu-Gage Tire Gauge with Pressure Release Valve ,,At Sears ,,Awesome colors,,Red,Purple,Yellow,Blue ,,Seem to be accurate in air pressure readings so far,,They even look very impressive so i bought one of each at this price

Last edited:
I got the $6 brass/black S60X Accu-Gage and matched it to the Sears mechanic's gauge before I left and it matched...

How long it will remain accurate is anyone's guess...I'll check it against another gauge every so often to reconfirm...

One thing...be careful of the tip...it screws in and can come loose....and fall off...

My BIL gave me a digital gauge 8-10 years ago, it's very accurate or at least it matches exactly the all 4 tires pressure with America's Tire. I had them inflate 36-F 34-R, next morning they are exactly 36-F 34-R.

Intercomp. Unbelievably durable and very ergonomic too. Tons of different sizes and PSI ranges. I have run mine over with the car several times without any damage.

intercomp_4in_60psi_m.jpg

If there's one thing I could really use instead of the hokey gauges they sell at the typical franchised auto parts store, is a QUALITY tire gauge. I have an older USA(!!)-made Meiser which isn't bad at all, but that Intercomp sure looks sharp. Thank you dparm for posting it.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Intercomp. Unbelievably durable and very ergonomic too. Tons of different sizes and PSI ranges. I have run mine over with the car several times without any damage.

intercomp_4in_60psi_m.jpg

I have this exact gauge. Works great, nice and simple. It also has a glow in the dark gauge face so you can use it at night.

I still use a German made Drager tire gauge from the '70s. It still matches the pressure readings from a current digital Accutire gauge.

Originally Posted By: jdeare
Do you guys with the Intercomp have the 2.5" or the 4"? Any preference?

That depends on how good your eyes/glasses are.
lol.gif

But, you CANNOT go wrong with ANY of the Intercomp, or Longacre gauges!

I have the large, simple, easy to use/read, Longacre 50355 digital, but without the 4 tire memory, temperature compensation capabilities, or inputs for tire temp/etc. which are features of their crazy-priced top of the line digital gauges.

Originally Posted By: jdeare
Do you guys with the Intercomp have the 2.5" or the 4"? Any preference?
I have the 2 1/2" model, but its almost 3" with the rubber guard wrapped around it.

Originally Posted By: KitaCam
I got the $6 brass/black S60X Accu-Gage and matched it to the Sears mechanic's gauge before I left and it matched...

How long it will remain accurate is anyone's guess...I'll check it against another gauge every so often to reconfirm...

One thing...be careful of the tip...it screws in and can come loose....and fall off...

Dropped it the other day...it no longer returns to "0" so returned it...still in the door is my $2 pen gauge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back