Hyundai Check Engine Light On With Certain Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to someone who stopped me in my 2011 santa fe he asked me if i got a check engine light when using gulf gas he thinks it was a p200 which comes up as fuel rail did anyone else have this problem he also has a v6 i had a check engine light on my 2010 santa fe every now and then but now it seems ok

I doubt the brand of gas has anything to do with it, but if he's going to a particular station with dirty tanks that could be causing some issues.

On a 2011, I'd have the dealer look it over. It may need a PCM reflash or have some other issue that is covered under warranty.

It was probably more likely related to him not screwing the gas cap on properly than Gulf gas.

New Jersey: so it could be the pump jockey not doing the cap right, and EPA is letting "anything goes" gas sell down there now.

there is definitely a reflash for this condition. hyundais are very sensitive to fuel quality. hyundai has recognized this and released updates to help the ecm cope with the necessary adjustments and not see them as malfunctions.

The p0200 relates to an actuator on the fuel rail being out of position.

Last edited:
Hi critic,
I hear all sorts of things from people because i own an engine rebuilding shop people ask me all sorts of things so i throw it out to the Bitogers.. Not hearsay or paranoid here just throwing it out maybe someone else has the same problems. So critic do you have any input that would be of some assistance?

My guess is that it could be that cars that had been running on the typical E10 mixture until the hurricane struck now are being run on E0
(100% gasoline) and it's possible that the ECM is seeing that sudden change and reacting to it.
Of course no harm done, but the computer senses it and it simply reporting the change.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
It was probably more likely related to him not screwing the gas cap on properly than Gulf gas.

This is by far the most likely scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back