MMO In Lawn Mower & Weed Trimmer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I calculated the ratio to be approx. 1/4 oz. ~ 1/2 oz. MMO to a gallon of fuel - anyone using MMO in small engines to lube the top end , provide cleaning , easier starting and prevent a gummed up fuel system (especially 2 - strokes ) ?

"Can I use MMO in 2-cycle engines?
Yes, MMO is safe for use in 2-cycle engines. Replace 25% of the 2-cycle oil with MMO. "

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
I'm surprised MMO never came out with a 2 cycle mix oil....

That's because MMO is never a 2-T oil to begin with.

Q.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
I calculated the ratio to be approx. 1/4 oz. ~ 1/2 oz. MMO to a gallon of fuel - anyone using MMO in small engines to lube the top end , provide cleaning , easier starting and prevent a gummed up fuel system (especially 2 - strokes ) ?

What "top end" on a 2 stroke?

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
I use it as a fuel stabilizer and have no issues with it in my 2 cycle stuff.

Most OPE 2 cycle oil has a stabilizer in it. If you need a stabilizer, blue Stabil is what I use.

MMO is not a good two stroke oil. Stay away from using it as a partial replacement for normal 2t oil. It won't clean your engine, as MMO combusts, it produces significant deposits.

Conventional 2t oils of all types are engineered to scavenge deposits. Diluting the oil by adding MMO simply reduces the ratio of the additives doing the work.

Quite simply, don't do it.

Thanks for the replies ...nothing in 2 stroke engine now except 2 stroke oil with additive and maybe Ethonal Shield . In Briggs 4 stroker a capful of MMO per gallon or two of gas probably would be ok for cleaning .

Maybe it does nothing for the 2 strokes, but I add MMO to them mostly to keep the carbs from gumming up, I've been doing it for 5 yrs or so with the 4 strokes. I have had less carb trouble and easier starts since I started adding it to the gas. No, that's not PROOF. But its enough for me.

Whats the point of adding MMO? 2-stroke is plenty lubricated.

Go for it and add it if you wanna feel good and spend money.

Heh heh , it works out to a 4 cents per cap full
laugh.gif

I've been using in my 2 stroke and 4 stroke units with no problems. I just add a cap full to the 2 stroke fuel mixture. Started using it three years ago and the equipment works great. Pulled the plugs on the Poulan leaf blower and Ryobi weed wacker and the top of cylinder is clean and so are the plugs. Used the plugs have three seasons on them, will change before next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back