VIZIO TV's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have been looking for an HDTV for my bedroom. Currently have a fairly large LCD Toshiba in the living room but for the one for my room I dont need to pay for another Toshiba. I found a 32" Vizio at Wally World for $268. I have heard from a couple people that the quality of Vizio is not that great and after a year or so they start to go bad. Any Vizio I have ever seen looks great in picture quality IMO, but I was wondering what you guys thought of them. Thanks!

For $268 can you go wrong? If it breaks in a couple years you got your money's worth. But...for around $299 you should be able to find an LG/Samsung which is arguably a better set.

I think thats the TV my sister just bought. Cheap because its a 720p/60hz. First generation lcd. Its ok. If your a sports nut or a gamer, you may experience pixilation. Thats where fast moving images freeze or blur temporarily. Resolved with 1080p and faster 120hz lcd's

A lot of recent Vizio TV's have audio sync issues. It's like they don't have a powerful enough chip, because channel changing is slow when using the built-in tuner, and the audio is often out of sync. We took a Vizio 37" 1080p back for those very reasons, and I have observed it in several other sizes and models of Vizio TV's. The Sony Bravia we replaced it with is superb, and my 4+ year old Vizio exhibits none of those problems.

I have 3 Vizios,
47" 240hz amazing picture
42" 120hz amazing picture
26" 60hz amazing picture,does duty as a computer monitor also.

The 42" is about 4 years old,No problems with any of them.

Most Vizio owners like their sets. Originally the failure rate was a little above average. according to a major consumer magazine I believe the reliability has improved.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
For $268 can you go wrong? If it breaks in a couple years you got your money's worth. But...for around $299 you should be able to find an LG/Samsung which is arguably a better set.

I agree. For about $30-50 more you should get Samsung or Sharp or Toshiba.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: dishdude

I agree. For about $30-50 more you should get Samsung or Sharp or Toshiba.

I'll take a look at Sharp and Samsung. Not a big LG fan after seeing a couple. Thanks for the inputs!

The refresh problem is nonexistant with plasma. I have 2. One is pushing 7 years old. I don't think they make them under the 40" class anymore though.
My sister in law has 2 Vizios. They don't watch sports much so they are ok with them. For sports, I see a difference. For normal shows and scenery, they are fine. Hers are around 3 years old now and still going.
I haven't noticed any picture degradation as of yet. They are still sharp and bright.

I have a 42" VIZIO HDTV in my bedroom, 1080P and 120Hz, great picture and problem free.
thumbsup2.gif

If you can wait....hold off your purchase until around the Super Bowl. Normally last years models are closed out at killer prices. I have a friend who has a couple Vizio sets and they work well.

If you can wait....hold off your purchase until around the Super Bowl. Normally last years models are closed out at killer prices. I have a friend who has a couple Vizio sets and they work well.

Vizio is one of the better bottom-tier brands...However their performance still doesn't come near the more established names, and CS is still spotty, from what I have heard from a few friends who tried Vizio...

In the end, I don't think the savings are worth the risk and the low(er) quality/performance...especially when you can get a last yr's model from Panasonic/ Samsung/Toshiba, etc...

Believe me, I have compared Vizios and Samsungs (in my case) side by side...with me adjusting all pic quality controls.
No comparison.

My samsung 40" LCD is still solid and has a great pic for TV, blu ray and DVDs, and it has so many features to tweak pic quality settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back