Die Cast Oil - High Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm looking for high temp > 1000 degrees oil to use in casting. I've searched for Silicon Die Cast oil but don't find any specifics or actual items. Could anyone route me to where I could find this and in a small amount?

Maybe this should be a separate thread but same application but I'll try here.

Can I thin out Permatex Ceramic Brake Lube to make it an oil and retain the high temp qualities? It's good to 3000 degrees and I only need 1000. Is there an oil or something to mix to make it thin as an oil?

Thanks

Bob, 1000 degrees (I assume degrees F) is a very high temperature for any oil.

I work with equipment running polyalkylene glycol at over 400 F. For anything higher than that you are talking about some super specialty fluids like Dowtherm A, which can get up to around 700 F. They are pretty expensive! Good luck!

This is not an oil but this is what we use on our high temp pneumatic lead casting molds. We use it on the slides and guides. It is the only thing I could find that could take the temps and was readily available. It has worked well for us much better than any high temp oil or grease. Don't get it on your hand though, that [censored] never comes off.

http://www.permatex.com/products/automot...Lubricant_a.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back