Motorcraft FL-910S

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Hey, I resemble that remark.
13.gif

Originally Posted By: Silver_civic
Also very funny that probably a small percentage of members on this board dont know very much about cars also! That in itself is comical.

meh, i bet youll keep talking to us though...

Originally Posted By: Jakegday
Also very funny that probably a small percentage of members on this board dont know very much about cars also! That in itself is comical.

Exactly. Thanks for another good laugh!

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: pzev
This was because the FL-400s had been discontinued, and the 910s was now its replacement...

the Fl400S is NOT disco'd at all. they actually started using it again on some apps that took the 3.5L V6 in the 2009ish range.

Not gonna argue with a ford parts guy, but everything I've heard points to that filter going the way of the dodo. I can't find any locally, just 910s filters now. I'd imagine the 910s will win out at the end of the day, as they really are identical except for a minor size difference (about an inch). Could save people a lot of inventory by stocking 1 less filter. I think the 400s even shrunk last I recall

Originally Posted By: oldmaninsc
Originally Posted By: Jakegday

Exactly. Thanks for another good laugh!

lol, yep! i even bet he'll go as far as to ask us another question, or for advice on something again...

Originally Posted By: FMC
The 910S is also being used on the 2009/10 Crown Victoria Police.

That was a head scratcher when i default to handing out a Fl820S on a CHP oil change and the tech comes back with a 910 off the car.

Silver Civic.. such an angry Padawan who gets all hot and bothered when someone points out your lack of knowledge during one of your rants. BTW 600 posts since you joined, really? Get out of the bunker once in awhile.

Ok, Ok already I will stop bashing dumb stuff AND I apologize already; jeez, relax people. Also Steve20 if you had to work with me everyday you would be happy and learn a heck of a lot on the newest in cars and other things. Challenging work but I love it. I am in the process of trying to find a few FL 810S filters guys so bear with me here.

All joking aside and b.s. aside yeah I will still post here often, so thanks for the ribbing.

Originally Posted By: pzev
This was because the FL-400s had been discontinued, and the 910s was now its replacement...

the Fl400S is NOT disco'd at all. they actually started using it again on some apps that took the 3.5L V6 in the 2009ish range.

With no intent to get into the crossfire between 400S vs 910S apps, I will note that both filters are still widely stocked on vendors shelves (Walmart, AutoZone, etc.). So, there must still be a demand for both. Kinda reminds me of the FL-820S & FL-500S scenario that has/had some owners/installers confused
when Ford did the switcheroo from one to the other on the 3.0 V6 (e.g. 2009 model year Fusions).

Originally Posted By: Hallmark
With no intent to get into the crossfire between 400S vs 910S apps, I will note that both filters are still widely stocked on vendors shelves (Walmart, AutoZone, etc.). So, there must still be a demand for both. Kinda reminds me of the FL-820S & FL-500S scenario that has/had some owners/installers confused
when Ford did the switcheroo from one to the other on the 3.0 V6 (e.g. 2009 model year Fusions).

It only gets more complicated for me because we also have Mazda at my dealer. So not only do we have all the Motorcraft filters, we have all the Mazda Genuine ones as well. Dont even get me started on all the different kinds of coolant and ATF we have to stock in each brand even though they cross over.

Dont even get me started on all the different kinds of coolant and ATF we have to stock in each brand even though they cross over.

With your Mazda/Ford dealer scenario, I can well imagine all the parts crossover difficulties. I was recently engaged in trying to match my Fusion spec WSS-M97B55-A coolant to an aftermarket product and finding NOTHING. In checking with my Ford dealer (an excellent one, BTW), I was amazed at all the differing specs the parts dept. was required to stock.

All I use is the FL910S on my 1996 Tacoma xtra cab 4x4 with the 3RZ (2.7 litre) 4 cylinder. All I run is Mobile Super High Mileage 5w-30. I have over 250K miles on it, still running like new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back