Best store-bought grease for new sway bar links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a set of 4 Moog stabilizer bar links, and they come dry and have grease fittings as opposed to the OEMs that are sealed. Any recommendations on the brand/type of grease to use? Prefer something I can buy in a store. These links take a real beating. THANKS!

I like Mobil-1 Synthetic Grease. You may hear how some don't like it because it runs/leaks out of their gun. I've had it in one of my guns since the gun was brandy new with no leaks. It's pink too so you can see where it's going, or not going for that matter
wink.gif

My sway bars came with nasty stringy blue boat trailer bearing grease - OTC, but no brand on the film can full
dunno.gif
. Not my first choice (I like Amsoil of course) but you wrote store bought.

My local (D-FW) Amsoil guy I used to buy from is deceased, otherwise I would probably get another cartridge of that for the grease gun. Did see some Pennzoil Marine grease at WMT that I am thinking might be a good choice. Didn't notice if it was synthetic. The stabilizer bar link joints are exposed to a lot of water and road crud, that's why I am thinking something super heavy duty, made for extremes, that won't wash out.

I went to plumbing supply store on a recommendation and purchased "Heat-Pruf" grease for valve stems. Installed on front/rear anti-roll bar poly bushings and poly shock bushings.

No noise at several thousand miles, and no indication of runoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back