Tires Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to Ford. That's where I bought mine. They had the cheapest price around. And you get free 10K rotations and all the other junk.

Nobody rotates my tires but me.
grin2.gif
I have had too many Hee-man experiences with bolts to trust anyone anymore.
frown.gif

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I agree. I had to re-torque all my wheels after my last rotation. They require 150lb-ft and none of them were anywhere NEAR that.

That is what I mean... It's loose wheel-nuts or hee-manned on wheel-nuts, or worse... Cross-threaded/stripped.

No sir, I do my oil changes and wheel nuts. I don't care how cold it is outside.
grin2.gif

These tires just came out in March, and were recommended to me by a Tire Store. Cheaper than the Latitude Tour...don't know how it compares to your favoured tire, and it's too new for many reviews, but the few that are posted at tirerack.com are positiive.

Yokohama Avid ENVigor

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVID+ENVigor+%28W%29

Hmmm...dunno why it's not making it a link..

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to make a funny... I was using those words as an example without knowing it was a real website...
lol.gif

How funny is that...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
That is what I mean... It's loose wheel-nuts or hee-manned on wheel-nuts, or worse... Cross-threaded/stripped.

No sir, I do my oil changes and wheel nuts. I don't care how cold it is outside.
grin2.gif

Amen brother!! Nothing more invigorating than tourqing the snow on during the first bas snow storm! Or changing the oil in the driveway at -20C + wind chill!

Invigorating, ya I'll have try and remember that this winter!...lol

You're right about not judging the whole line on one tire. I thinl most companies have OEM tires now that are developed to a cost not a quality. I have Hankooks summers on the wifes car and winters for both and I love them. Good performance, descent wear and great price!

Dunno. I just replaced the comfort treads with the Michelin Destiny from Discount tire. Great prorated deal + 70 discount from Michelin. Prefer the handling of the Destiny vs. the Comfort treads. Destiny rides almost as soft as the Comfort Treads, better gas mileage,lower price. 02 Accord V6. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Unfortunately, I agree. I had to re-torque all my wheels after my last rotation. They require 150lb-ft and none of them were anywhere NEAR that.

150 lb-ft!!! Is that on the Expedition? My 2001 Outback required only 65, and my current vehicle -RX400h - only needs 76.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rcy
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

150 lb-ft!!! Is that on the Expedition? My 2001 Outback required only 65, and my current vehicle -RX400h - only needs 76.

Yessir
grin2.gif
These are MAN WHEELS! Puts real meaning to the old adage "my lug nuts require more torque than your Honda makes", LOL!!!!

i have had bfg radial long trails on my durango and like them a lot. they wre just radial long trails then they redesigned them to be a "touring" rad long trail----i think they are the best value out there... mine are 17" though they make a lot of sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back