Carquest Moog Parts - Same as Moog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 350K km's on the original front end of my 'burb, am I thinking of replacing most of the major front end parts on the truck over the summer.

I noticed that Carquest carries some of there parts with the "Moog" label on them as well. The parts people say that these parts are the same as regular Moog parts. Does anyone know if there are any differences in quality between these carquest Moogs and real Moog parts?

I asked a Carquest counter guy here that I actually trust to not feed me a line and he said that they were the same. He said they try to show customers that they are the same, but a lot of people will not hear of it and pay more for the Moog box. Whats interesting is I have ordered parts from the Master Pro line from O'Reilleys at work and there are Moog parts in the box.

I'm going with that they're the same.

I got some LCA's for my Saturn from CQ. Moog on the box (but CarQuest boxed)

I ran the part# on Google that was on the box. Came up as an actual MOOG part number.

I wouldn't worry, go ahead and buy the CQ MOOG parts.

I saw this late. Yes, Carquest chassis parts are Moog brand. When I replaced the Sway Bar End Links on tye wife's Tribute, I used Carquest and they hag Moog stamped on the ends. The Moog/Carquest is their Premium line of chassis parts. They also have a more economical brand in a plain box. My salesman told me that Carquest had a deal with Moog because they do so much "jobbing" with auto repair shops.

Federal Mogul owns moog, but over the past couple years moog quality has faded. But, the chassis in a carquest box is currently moog in premium and mevotech in second line. However carquest is "possibly" changing chassis companies to Raybestos (formerly called spicer) which is a better product anyway.

I think (removed non site sponsor link) is a good parts to our cars and they need to be ok in order to be more competitive in the market today. All of their parts are seems to be ok with me as of today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back