4x4 cv joints fell out of the dodge

To answer the question I would need more detail. Are you running larger than stock tires, and or wheels? Larger tires and wheels put more stress on all front end components.....wheel bearings, CV joints, tie rod ends, suspension bushings etc. If both of them failed at the same time then I would say that they are regularly exceeding their intended rotation geometry. Is vehicle lifted, or has excess toe or camber?

One driver.
so do you know how the person drives and would you say they are a good driver or would you put them in the category of a person who could futz up dry concrete with a toothbrush?

This is not a common issue at all - both of them at the same time. Something else is going on - is the truck being driven in 4WD mode on the dry pavement or something?

The splines wallowing out where the front right CV shaft goes into the stub shaft on the carrier is super common on Rams. There are no zerks or standard PM for this. I believe the book fix is replace the whole front carrier assembly. I don't believe you can get individual OEM parts for this. On the driver's side this is less common for happening.

When I owned my Rams, I used to rub some grease around where the front right CV shaft entered the stub. More harm than good? Maybe.

Back