Oil for Nissan Sentra SER Spec-V (07 B16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec-V. There is 2 versions of the QR25DR and the blocks are not the same. The older QR25DE was in the old B15U. Now they are putting this version of the motor in the SER 07+ sentra and the Rouge. The Motor I have is higher compression ,higher red line. This montor is only found in the 07+ spec v to 10. I have use Castrol synthetic 5W-30 since I got the car New. (I was told by few people that is good oil but I have been reading on here that is might not be the best oil for my car)
Here is my car specs for the motor & trany.
Engine: (QR25DE) Red-line is 7,250 (OCT fuel 93)(6speed)
4-cylinder DOHC
Bore x Stroke: 3.5 x 3.9 (89.0 x 100.00)
Displacement: 151.82 (2,488)
Spark plug: DILKAR6A-11
Timing chain.

In the book says to use API Certification Mark *2
SAE 5W-30 *2

I was thinking about switching to Mobile 1 Full synthetic oil.

I was at my local transmission shop he said i should run BG Synchro shift II (is that good or bad idea)

Little help with this I know its a lot of info.

Last edited:
The castrol has a good add pack, but can be thin in some applications - Is the engine mechanically noisy in any way? if not stick with it. If you want "full synthetic" in a Mobil, Look at 0w-30 AFE or the 10w-30 HM. The 5w-30 is a 30% blend and the Syntec is not even syn.

At my Nissan dealer, we use SynchroShift II for are manual fluids and tcase fluids. I also use it in my 6spd Aisin transaxle and it seems to work very well.

the 2.5's all seem to be a little on the noisy side, but seems to be pretty normal. I would use the Castrol over the Mobil 1 if price was similar. I'm assuming you are using a quality filter also.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
The castrol has a good add pack, but can be thin in some applications - Is the engine mechanically noisy in any way? if not stick with it. If you want "full synthetic" in a Mobil, Look at 0w-30 AFE or the 10w-30 HM. The 5w-30 is a 30% blend and the Syntec is not even syn.

whoa whoa wait a minute mobil 5w30 regular is not a true syn? like how syntec isnt? i thought mobil didnt use group 3 in there synthetics not that it really matters just curious

Yeah the car is noisy i can hear all of the valves nothing bad just normal sound from day 1. Price is not a matter for me really I just want the motor to last as long as i can. I do drive little hard. (i am not some hot shot racing there car around) Do you know of any better oil i should use? I am looking to stick with 5W-30 and i would like a full synthetic.

(so your saying to stay away from mobile 1 5w-30 syn)?

Originally Posted By: Riley
what about royal purple 5w-30?

good choice....great oil.....i would choose RP over any off the shelf castrol/mobil product.

what about royal purple 5w-30?

^^Excellent oil! I use it from time to time when I`m in the mood to run a synth.

(so your saying to stay away from mobile 1 5w-30 syn)?

What I gathered is that Mobil1 oil can make the engine noisier (other than that, it is a great oil, but maybe more for Honda engines for example).

As our engine (I have the same as you said) is already noisy at startup, it is better to use an oil which is more known to prevent that.
In my case, I use PP and I am happy with it.
But I don't drive my car hard, so if price is not a problem, what it is proposed above are good choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back