Table saw that won't cut your fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in another video they said when it is triggered it only costs $60 dollars to replace the mechanism and blade when it is triggered. Pretty good deal.

I saw a "video" of that like 10 years ago, still nowhere to be found on the market. I don't think that many people are willing to pay the extra $$$$ for a safety feature they'll probably never use. I've seen it in many different videos over the years, I always see them stick a hotdog in it but I haven't seen anyone brave enough to actually stick their finger in it....

After watching my High School woodshop teacher cut off his finger, that's the only table saw safety lesson I ever need. What a mess.
crazy2.gif
shocked2.gif

The inventor will put his money where his finger is. fast forward to 3:40 if you want the abbreviated video.

It's a nice saw and great safety feature but read about the politics of the owner/inventor attempting to make his patented technology mandatory for all new saws.

That video reminds me of the old videos Richard Davis used to make when selling his bullet proof vests. That guy shot himself over and over again. Dont think he shot himself with an "aged" Zylon vest on though, just brand new ones...lol.

Norm Abrams demonstrated this tech on his New Yankee Workshop show years ago, always seemed expensive to me. But what cost would one put on a finger, I guess. No one plans an accident, but I'll stick with my old tech and being extremely careful.

Last edited:
from what I read it was expected to add 150 dollars a saw at first and get down to 100 after a while.

A SawStop saw is very expensive, the one I used was probably around $4k just for the saw. It was at a middle school and according to the shop teacher has already paid for itself by saving some fingers. And get this, it wasn't some goofy 8th grader that tried to chop his fingers off, it was a maintenance person. In his 20 years of teaching he said he's never lost had a student lose a digit, but has had many problems in his adult classes.

Anyway These saws are very expensive, but IMHO worth every penny. When I get around to purchasing my tools for my woodshop, I'm not going to skimp on the table saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back