Discount Tire - More Great Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kumho Touring All Season tires I had on my pop's Olds 88 were becoming worthless in snow at about 6/32, so I went to Discount Yesterday armed and ready!

Tire Rack's price including shipping was $13 less a tire for Michelin Destiny's/Harmony's (not even the same tire!). They matched that, gave me the prorated mileage warranty for the Kumhos (and they really shouldn't have), which amounted to $10 off per tire, and they threw in the road hazard at half price. I normally don't get the road hazard, but since they price matched Tire Rack and prorated tires that still had a decent amount of tread life, I caved in.

Discount Tire is without question the best large company I've dealt with regarding customer service.

Last edited:
01.gif
thumbsup2.gif

We don't have Discount Tire in California, but we have America's Tire which is the same company according to their website.

I'm buying a set of Continental ContiExtremeContact DWS in size 235/45-17 from them today or tomorrow, they match the lowest price (plus shipping) I can find online from onlinetires.com and they still give the $100 rebate promotion for 4 tires from today till Sunday Nov 21, even they don't have the tires in stock and they have to order the tires and don't get it until Tuesday next week. I just need to go there to pay for the tires before the promotion expired.

Great Services !!!

thumbsup2.gif
You did your homework before going in to DT and that's how you get the best deal. A little research is worth the effort.

They did similar for me on a set of DT YK 520's that I traded for BFG T/A's with the $70 rebate. They also matched an online price on some Gen. HP's.

Service after the sale is also second to none.

Sounds like you done good! Curious, when you say "roadhazard" are you talking the prorated rh, or the certificates of full replacement?

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Curious, when you say "roadhazard" are you talking the prorated rh, or the certificates of full replacement?

The certificates. They gave them to me for half price on my last tire purchase as well.

Considering our city is broke and there's no money to fix potholes and such (and there are some CRATERS out there after some recent snow storms), I think the certificates might end up paying for themselves.

That's sort of what I figured because the prorated rh is basically included in the price with the lifetime balance, rotation, and valves.

Like you, I got the certs. with the T/A's because they gave me such a good deal and a very generous credit for the 520's not getting the warrateed wear.

As far as the certs., my son has gotten two punctures in areas outside the repair area of the tire. The first was OE BFG's Rugged Trail and DT got on the phone to Michelin and got him a decent/resonable proration price on a new tire.

The second time, he bought BFG RT's @ DT and he didn't buy the certs., (on my advice). Well, not long after he got a nail/staple in the sidewall. So, he went back and they gave him a new tire for the price of the certificates to cover all 4 tires. I thought that was very fair, and now he has the certificates in case anything happens again.

Now you got peace of mind, and a good company to back it. Happy motoring.
19.gif

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

We don't have Discount Tire in California, but we have America's Tire which is the same company according to their website.

I'm buying a set of Continental ContiExtremeContact DWS in size 235/45-17 from them today or tomorrow, they match the lowest price (plus shipping) I can find online from onlinetires.com and they still give the $100 rebate promotion for 4 tires from today till Sunday Nov 21, even they don't have the tires in stock and they have to order the tires and don't get it until Tuesday next week. I just need to go there to pay for the tires before the promotion expired.

Great Services !!!

Went to local America's Tire to talk to the guy who took the order to pay for the tires, the manager came and said they would either match the onlinetires.com price or $100 rebate but not both. I told him that his sale clerk told me 2 days ago that they would match the price and if I paid for it during promotion period I would get $100 rebate, the manager said that that was not correct.

So I walked out without buying anything. Bad experience at this America's Tire location.
mad.gif

I had an excellent experience at DiscountTireDirect. These guys take care of their customers and solve problems as quickly as possible, even at their own expense.

Not sure how TireRack stays in business with such fierce competition from DiscountTireDirect.com?

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Went to local America's Tire to talk to the guy who took the order to pay for the tires, the manager came and said they would either match the onlinetires.com price or $100 rebate but not both. I told him that his sale clerk told me 2 days ago that they would match the price and if I paid for it during promotion period I would get $100 rebate, the manager said that that was not correct.

So I walked out without buying anything. Bad experience at this America's Tire location.
mad.gif

I had the exact same problem.

The person on the phone said that it was one or the other, but when I arrived at the store, the assistant manager who greeted me just did the pricematching and did not question it.

If you think about it, you should have just let them do the pricematch. The rebate is not tied to the store anyway, so you could have sent in the rebate yourself and they would have never known.

Unless it an online store like DT Direct, I never count on what I hear on the phone. If I want a deal, I go to the DT store with all the facts and figures, ready to buy. Never been disappointed with Discount Tire by doing it that way. Even beating an online price.

When you talk on the phone, you could be talking to monkey(employee), when who you need to talk to is the organ grinder (manager).

As for the rebate by phone, the $100 So Cal DT rebate and & $70 Mich rebate is offered through DT. It's not a manufacturers rebate that all tire stores have. Tough to compare apples to apples. The matching deal with a non manufacturers rebate, is a gray area anyway.

But, if an employee told you that you could do it a certain way, they should have tried to make it right. Perhaps another DT store would have.

As with any store, DT is not going to please everyone every time, but in my experience they consistently go over and above in both the sale and service after the sale.

been to discount for my last 5 sets of tires, and have always been pleased. they take care of me, there is never a very long wait even on busy saturdays.
A++

I have bought my last few sets of tires from discount tire direct.
Absolutely no problems.
Can't believe they get to my front door in two days.
My brother works at a Goodyear store and mounts and balances my purchases for free.
They can't even touch DTD prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back