Retirement Activities

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we get older we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference" in the world. It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other "seniors" who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither.

Harold Sclumberg is such a person.

"I've often been asked, 'What do you old folks do now that you're retired'? Well, I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, Scotch, and margaritas into urine. I'm pretty darn good at it, too."

That's good. All the things that I love but can no longer drink. I just let water and coffee do the work for me.

Retirement is a blast, old age sucks.

My dad fully retired 3 years ago and is turning 60 this year. He is still young at heart and enjoys looking after the house, the property (grounds as he calls it). He built himself a new 10' x 12' x 10' shed. (Will post pics on here soon). He also finished the basement and done multiple other projects.

He is not the type to slow down. He is up at 7 and in bed by 12/1am.

I hope to have as much energy has he does as his age...
thumbsup2.gif

my dad, turning 80 later this year, still swims laps at 6:30am, and up until he was 75, he could still beat me and my brother at tennis. I am not currently not tracking to be as active....

My grandfather does tractor work for hire and rebuilds small engines for fun. He and I put a roof on a building of his a couple years ago in the middle of the summer and he could work circles around me. He was 75 at the time. I was 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back