high school locker fees

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was kind of under the impression that besides school tax, public schools were free...

I wish I had "high school locker fees" as my main complaint.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: benjamming
What does the money fund?

At our school, it paid the parent PTA group to maintain the lockers.

is this at Millington Central High school? I graduated in 1995, there were no locker fees there when I was a student

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic

aka look for drugs
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Ahh....

a lot of school get rid of them, I guess some charge a minor rental fee. With cutbacks everything is becoming pick and choose fees, just like airlines charging for any baggage...

But if it is PUBLIC school, and it is required to carry textbooks around, have them in class, etc., then it only makes sense to provide a place to store them. What if a student "opts out"? Then what?

If extbooks arent required in class, and are either shown via overheads or are available for all students in the classroom, that is one thing. Personally, Id think that lockers on the walls are far cheaper than buying extra textbooks. After the lockers are bought and installed, they cost nothing.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Was never such a thing as locker fees when I was in high school, first time I have heard of it.
+1
thumbsup2.gif

When grand daughter was in Junior and Senior Highschool she had to pay locker fees for a postage stamp size locker. A medium size jacket and a few books is all that would fit in it. Every time my daughter turned around it was extra fees or the kids were selling something for a fund raiser. We just gave her money for a few things each time because we did not want her knocking on stangers doors.

When I was in private or public highschool (25 years ago), it was $10 start of year, and $5 returned to you at the end of year inspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back