OW-30 OK for my Armada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

What is everyones opinion on using a 0W-30 Syn on my 2005 Nissan Armada? (It now has 8,500 miles with conventional.) The manual calls for 5W-30, but I was thinking of switching to Amsoil Series 2K. Would this oil be okay for the hot environment I am in? (Las Vegas, NV)

Thanks for your posts in advance!

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
German Castrol 0w-30 would be ideal IMO.

I dont know why this oil would be better because I'm such a newb at oils. Could you explain why and where I can get it?

German Castrol Syntec 0w-30 can be purchased only from AutoZone stores in the U.S. (it's sold in a few other stores in Canada). Make sure the rear label reads "Made in Germany" as shown in this image:

-

If I've peaked your interest in GC, read more over at the "GC & Euro/Import Oils" forum:
http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=51

2 questions:

1- should I stick with the OEM oil filter?

2- how often should I change the GC? (I use an intake that has a foam air filter, True Flow if anyone is interested)

Dookie,

I'd run the Amsoil Series 3000, 5w-30 instead of the 0w-30 in this type of very large displacement engine, particularly for this climate and/or short trip driving.

The S3000 a thicker, ACEA, A3/B4 type formulation and can handle much more fuel related contamination. You'll find the viscosity of the S3000 is more stable than for the 0w-30. The latter oil will tend to thicken from evaporation and oxidation/nitration in this particular application.

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back