Manganese in oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run alot ot Torco additive. One side effect is high levels of Manganese in the oil. UOA shows this over and over again.

Question is, does the Manganese in the oil effect the oils ability to do it's job or impact metal surfaces any? Does it have a lubricating property, a detremental property or does it have no effect?

What about to the filter? For the record, I can suppose it in not good for it as well as the next guy. Anybody have any facts around this?

Thanks

They still use MMT in the gas up here in Canada which shows up in UOA's as Manganese. From what I've seen it doesn't affect the performance of the oil at all.

quote:

Originally posted by olympic:
They still use MMT in the gas up here in Canada which shows up in UOA's as Manganese. From what I've seen it doesn't affect the performance of the oil at all.

Until you guys get rid of the MMT and we get rid of the high sulphur content fuels down here, we don't have a chance of getting the oci's like the Euro's get. I think Canada has a time table to eliminate MMT, no?

I would like to know the answer to the original question also. I had a wee bit of Mn, probably from using some Redline SI-1. I also have a remote suspicion that it may have contributed to some elevated Si also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back