Citgo Supergard Synthetic blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just recently seen this oil at the local Fleet Farm.

does anyone use this oil? Its only 2.09 a quart which blows me away, because the regualr Supergard is 2.04 a quart and then the full syn is over 4 bucks.

just Curious, it hasn't been out very long, well at least not around here.

Originally Posted By: Black_Thunder
i see the hatred for Citgo is at its strongest :)

Huh?

I think the oil is probably fine, don't understand your comment here.

Originally Posted By: glennc

I think the oil is probably fine, don't understand your comment here.

Citco is owned by Chavez, the Venezuelan dictator. He tries to put on a good face by "giving away" heating oil to needy people every year and then brags about it by putting on a few TV commercials for everybody to see.

There was a big dispute about the owner of Citgo hating America and whatnot.

Don't see a lot of talk about it anymore.

Don't really plan on using it was just curious.

It's not like alternative sources of oil are all that much better, if at all. Chavez talks big and he will probably ruin his country, but I don't see him as a serious threat to world security the way Russia and the Middle Eastern oil producers could be....

I'm guessing this is marketed as a "synthetic blend" in the same vein that Motorcraft has marketed the 5w20 and 5w30 oils in its stables as blends.

When I stopped by Fleet Farm this evening, the 5w30 sythetic blend was priced at the same price as the 5w20 (still not labeled as synthetic blend), the 10w30 (not labled as Synthetic Blend), 10w40 (not labeled as synthetic blend) and SAE 30 (also not a blend).

Leads me to believe it is a bit of a marketing thing. The price ($2.09 a quart) was the second lowest I could find for non-synthetics in the store behind the "Resolute" brand.

What about all the benefits of Citgo to America? A lot of Americans are employed by Citgo. I just don't see the issue. If it were that bad, would think the Feds would ban it like they banned Cuban cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back