Mobil 1 5W-40 Turbo Diesel Truck CJ-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAG

If you've seen it, where was it? I've checked Wal-Mart and Autozone with no luck. Autozone had the old CI-4 version but not the CJ-4 version. It may be that the new stuff won't come until the old stuff is sold out.

While I'm at it, let me know if/where you've seen the CJ-4 Delvac 1.

It's a no go around me too. SW FL. I've come to the conclusion if I want a syn I'd get the new CJ-4/SM Rotella from Adavance auto or wal-mart.

I've seen it at my local AAP in quarts (although a very small quantity stocked). Quite pricey, too, at $7.49/quart.

Without trying to start a brand war, I have to wonder if RTS (at least in gallons) isn't a better value at around $4.75/quart. Do you really get 55% better wear protection from the Mobil for 55% more money? If you want it, go for it, but at least run it to the full extent to get your money's worth.

I've finally realized Conoco Phillips 66 76 & kendall are the way to go. They actually state Ford specs, and are more geared for commercial applications from the way they market their products. that's what Motorcraft it.... Conoco. They make 3 levels of CJ4/SM. dino, syn blend and 5-40 syn. I'd look into them.

That CJ4 5W40 is new...only came out recently. If I had to choose, I would run their Semi Synthetic Royal Triton 15W40. TBN of 13.7, and good cold temperature characteristics...I'm sure it performs just as well in heat. Decent price as well. That new CJ4 5W40 is most likely much more expensive.

Last edited:
Wish the Wally World here in the US had it, only place I see it is either AutoZone for around $6.50/qt., or truck stops for around $30/gallon (!). Good stuff, but I don't think it's worth what it costs. Even for 12 K KM/7500 mile OCIs.

There is not one autoparts store nor WM will even touch the gal jugs of the stuff. I kinda understand... The jugs will just sit on their shelves and collect dust. Around here anyways.

I scored today by getting M1 5W-40 TDT CJ-4 at Autozone. It was even on sale (as were all M1 oils) so I got it for $27 for 5 quarts and a M1 oil filter. I bought 10 qts and 2 filters.

I was in AZ 3 days ago. They only stock the Qts.-->$6.75ea. OUCH!! Then I went to WM, they won't even stock the TDT. Automotive mgr, told me the demand for it was not there. RTS 5W-40 has gone up to $20.00 a Gal and $5.40 Qt.. SoB!!!

Scheaffers is looking better all the time.

AZ is running a low-key sale that JAG mentions, despite the $6.75 price you cite.

Last edited:
Yes, it's on sale. Go get it if they've got it! They let you buy 10 qts and 2 filters per day per customer. I'm going to go back other days and stock up. If you'd normally pay $10 for a M1 filter, this is $17 for 5 qts which is $3.40/qt. Even if you'd normally pay $4 for any filter, this is like paying $4.60/qt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back