Zoro Shipping

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I purchased six oil filters from Zoro.
They shipped within one hour of ordering. Fed Ex however delayed shipping by 4 days which was okay but...
My issue is Zoro put them all in a poly mailer. Nothing but and the filter boxes weren't even taped.
Luckily only one was dented but who ships filters in poly mailers with no other packaging?

At the minimum they could have taped the boxes and used a poly bubble mailer.. I will use the dented one on my zero turn..

Ordered a belt tensioner for the serpentine belt on my Silverado from Amazon. Item was inside a flimsy box from the manufacturer, which was put in a poly mailer. Made sure the composite pulley on it wasn't cracked or chipped. Item itself was ok, but the flimsy box not so much.

They'll probably just send another one. That's how my stash of OG Ultras got the way they are, every eBay 6-pack seemed to come with 2 or 3 dented ones. Brother just uses them anyway!:LOL:
I didn't even ask. The next time I will call in my order and tell them they must be in a box and I will pay extra for the service. Not looking to to hassle them but oil filters and poly mailers just don't work...ya know?

Right after reading this thread a package arrived from Lululemon, a sports/clothing seller.
A pair of "stretchy legs" arrived for Mrs. Kira with the anti-theft tag on them.
Unless you know what you're doing, you will damage any garment trying to remove one of these things.
She said she'd take it to the store for removal. Fortunately, there's one near us.

As they say, "mistakes happen". It's just that they're happening more and more frequently.

My issue is Zoro put them all in a poly mailer. Nothing but and the filter boxes weren't even taped.
Luckily only one was dented but who ships filters in poly mailers with no other packaging?

At the minimum they could have taped the boxes and used a poly bubble mailer.. I will use the dented one on my zero turn..

Have you ever been in / around a distribution center? Imagine 300 people working at a place that don't care about anything, have an extremely simple job and are paid $10 more an hour than grocery store workers.

Relations with other employees in the plant/center is also rampant, they destroy the plumbing fixtures in the restrooms and will fight each other in the parking lot over parking spaces that are 15' apart.

IOW, the people who are packing boxes/envelopes at these fulfilment/distribution centers aren't high-quality people.

I have to amend my "like" to "I know what you're talking about and thanks for posting".
Watching the "unhappy hoards" going about there business is disheartening in the extreme.

My latest filter purchase from Walmart online, a single filter, was "packed" the same way. Yes, there was a mark on it too but not enough I won't use it. The poly bag seems to be a common practice. 😬

Have you ever been in / around a distribution center? Imagine 300 people working at a place that don't care about anything, have an extremely simple job and are paid $10 more an hour than grocery store workers.

Relations with other employees in the plant/center is also rampant, they destroy the plumbing fixtures in the restrooms and will fight each other in the parking lot over parking spaces that are 15' apart.

IOW, the people who are packing boxes/envelopes at these fulfilment/distribution centers aren't high-quality people.
My latest package from Walmart was a 4 pack of furnace filters (1 package). It came in a box the size of roughly a small refrigerator. It had hundreds of those air filled green bags inside. It took me over 15 minutes just to pop them and put them in the trash.

I haven't had the best luck with Zoro on a past order. I have found that they are apparently owned by Grainer.
I ordered a vent pipe cap for my garage heater that was supposedly in stock. After a couple days and no shipping information I got an email saying they were having problems with the manufacturer and couldn't give me a confirmation on when it would ship. It said if you don't hear from us in 5-7 days they would cancel the order. I never heard from them, so I assumed it was cancelled and ordered another one from somewhere else. About a month later a package from FedEx showed up from some company I never heard of in North Dakota (No mention of Zoro or anything). It was the part I ordered. I never got billed for it, so I just left it sit. About another month later I get another one sent to me that had some references to Grainer, but not Zoro? I get an email saying my payment had been declined (probably because it was months after the original authorization! The credit card smartly declined it.) I tried emailing and explained what was going on and still kept getting bills even though they promised a credit. Finally called and got someone to take care of it and they told me to just keep or recycle the parts. Seems like a not so well run ship!

I heard from Zoro this morning and they told me if I want special packaging it will
be provided for free. Within reason of course. They gave me a number to call just after I place an order.
They offered to replace the filters but no need for that.

Back