Zimmerman trial BITOG style....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick R

What? Of course not. :| The scenario in my post is an example of WHAT COULD HAVE happened here. An if alternative, if you will, to zimmermans version of events.

But you can't prosecute someone for what *could* have happened. It must be for what *did* happen.

I get it, GZ could have gotten away with murder, he could have lied, but..... you can't prosecute people for impossible to know occurrences.

Originally Posted By: Mykl
Nick R said:
I get it, GZ could have gotten away with murder, he could have lied, but..... you can't prosecute people for impossible to know occurrences.

why act like you saw what happened then?

What? Of course not. :| The scenario in my post is an example of WHAT COULD HAVE happened here. An if alternative, if you will, to zimmermans version of events.

But you can't prosecute someone for what *could* have happened. It must be for what *did* happen.

I'm not saying we should. What I'm just saying is that there should be a measure of reality mixed in here. There shouldn't be happiness at the outcome of this. That is what upsets and disturbs me.

Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
Originally Posted By: AVB
Why does anyone think a stand your ground law is stupid?
Does anyone who disagrees with it know what it means?

It only means you don't have to try to retreat before defending yourself if you are attacked. It doesn't mean you can shoot someone just because they punched or shoved you. The level of force you are allowed to use to defend yourself depends on the level of force that you are being attacked with. You could use deadly force on someone if they were trying to bash your head in with a baseball bat, but not if it is just a wiffle ball bat.

But what if it were fists and the concrete below your head that was being used to damage your head?

I could go either way on that one. I think it depends on the force being used and what the victims threshold is. I don't think it is unreasonable to use deadly force in that situation.

I could go either way on that one. I think it depends on the force being used and what the victims threshold is. I don't think it is unreasonable to use deadly force in that situation.

you'd just take the word of whoever was still alive.

Originally Posted By: FXjohn
yeah, you meant "nothing" by bringing up 40 ozer's. disgusting.

Yeah they sort've are discusting because they get all warm and stuff before you can finish them,yuck!!

At this point, it is obvious he is trolling. Just leave him be.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
yeah, you meant "nothing" by bringing up 40 ozer's. disgusting.

Yeah they sort've are discusting because they get all warm and stuff before you can finish them,yuck!!

why did you mention 40 ozers? be honest.

It's still entirely possible he went into this confrontation planning on shooting martin from the beginning.

Anything's possible. That's what's frustrating about this case.

Did Zimmerman confront Martin?
Did Martin confront Zimmerman?
Who put a hand on who first?

It's possible that Zimmerman is as guilty as sin. It's also possible he is innocent beyond words.

Our system of justice puts a lot of people behind bars. Percentage wise we have the highest incarceration rate in the world. Some of those people are innocent - which is the gravest crime of all.
Better a thousand guilty go free than a single innocent convicted. We should never forget how important that is.

so art. let's abolish the death penalty. right??

What kind of crazy leap of logic was required to get you from point A to point B on that one?

What kind of crazy leap of logic was required to get you from point A to point B on that one?

I kind of have to agree with this one..... What?

huh?

"better 1,0000 guilty men go free than one innocent jailed".

we have killed innocent people through the death penalty.

Then I can only hope that any child you have/may have never suffer the same fate, and you watch while the man who killed your child gets to walk free and never suffer any consequences for his actions because the other person claims "self defense"

Again, this IS zimmermans fault. He instigated it, and I don't truly believe that he is innocent. I believe he is guilty, he WANTED to kill Martin from the second he thought "punk isn't getting away". But because the law is "innocent until proven guilty" there wasn't enough physical evidence to convict.

If my son is a thug who assaults someone when verbally provoked, then I would consider myself a failure as a parent. That would be my sorrow, not that my son got shot by a guy who was defending himself against my failure.

Zimmerman may be at fault for Martin's death, but he was apparently not guilty of any crime. If you kick in my door I will be at fault for your death, but I will not be guilty of any crime.

Please. Here is the deal here.

The key here is innocent until proven guilty, and reasonable doubt.

Basically, because this man claims self defense, there has to be evidence to prove otherwise. Right? Now nobody else saw this. At all. So he CLAIMS that Martin attacked him. Do we know if he did or not? Nope. Will we ever? Nope. Was zimmerman actually shooting in TRUE self defense? Possibly. Do I think he was? No.

Here is the problem with the stand your ground law as written. Basically, Zimmerman was able to claim that it was self defense, and because there is NO EVIDENCE to the contrary, he gets away with it. He wanted to shoot Martin, it's obvious. Who is irresponsible enough to walk around with a loaded gun? Or did he specifically load the gun, because he had every intention of shooting zimmerman. Maybe Zimmerman grabbed Martin, and martin fought back, like any reasonable person would. And then zimmerman shot him.

The truth is NOBODY KNOWS. The reason he was acquitted? Lack of physical evidence. All the logic and reason based on Zimmermans history of a wannabe cop and obvious lies says that he is guilty. But physical evidence? Not enough of it.

So he walks free.

This has nothing to do with stand your ground, it was either self defense or not. The defense doesn't have to prove anything, it has always been that way.

Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay

Better a thousand guilty go free than a single innocent convicted. We should never forget how important that is.

ouch.

Because I'm thirsty
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Because I'm thirsty
frown.gif

weak.

At this point, it is obvious he is trolling. Just leave him be.

So if someone disagrees with you they must be trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back