Zimmerman trial BITOG style....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick R
Originally Posted By: Mykl
Originally Posted By: FXjohn
castle law is a lot different than stand your ground. I'm a huge proponent of castle law. you're all over the place.

Okay, then I'll put it in very simple terms...

If you spill my blood, you will die, and the only criminal will be you.

But just as there is no evidence that zimmerman is lying, there is no evidence he is telling the truth either. THAT is the truth of the matter.

So basically the jury is setting a precedent. If you want to kill someone, shoot them, and tell the police they attacked you. Maybe bloody yourself up a bit to make it look convincing, and there you go. You have committed murder, and successfully gotten away with it.

Not trying to be insulting toward you, but you seem to talking out of both sides of your mouth. You don't like the verdict (even say a murderer walks free), yet admit there is no evidence a murder was committed to convict. So...what is it you want? A perfect world? A trial isn't always about truth or finding out exactly what occurred. A jury came together and listened to all available testimony and evidence. They came to a conclusion and he was acquitted. That's how it works...like it or not. It doesn't matter if you think Martin deserved to be shot or not. The judicial system worked as intended.

So in this elaborate scheme are you going to go have a buddy on hand to beat your face in to make it look more plausible when law enforcement arrives on scene?

you wouldn't?

Originally Posted By: andrewg
The judicial system worked as intended.

why be so gleeful about it though? think this will happen when they can't prove a black guy killed a white woman?

no..that's "his side of the story".

Right, so again we're back at the "Zimmerman isn't innocent until he proves it to ME" thing you two have going on here.

shoot first and ask questions later. tell "your side". any questions?

You're conveniently glossing over the "get punched repeatedly" part. You know, the part that came before the shooting.

For a moment let's pretend the following.

>Person A follows Person B
>Person A grabs/"attacks" person B
>Person B fights back, like most people would
>Person A then shoots person B
>Person A has some minor injuries but claims he shot in self defense.

Does that not sound perfectly reasonable to you? You say justice was done. But you cannot admit that there is not the possibility that he is actually guilty.

I don't think anyone should be happy about this verdict. There is NO evidence that he did NOT Murder travyon martin. There is just no evidence that he actually DID.

I would say sure be happy if we had evidence that martin had ACTUALLY attacked him and it WAS justified. But as the way the evidence is, there is a 50/50 chance he did murder him. But nobody can prove if he did or not. So are you still happy about it? We can be happy the justice system works the way as intended sure, but can we genuinely be happy that there is still a 50% chance that it was murdeR?

It's still entirely possible he went into this confrontation planning on shooting martin from the beginning. And I still think confronting fists with a gun is ludicrous. And who carries a loaded gun all the time? That is completely irresponsible to have a gun loaded and ready to fire at ALL TIMES walking around town. If THAT doesn't give the apperance of wannabe cop, I don't know what does.

no..that's "his side of the story".

Right, so again we're back at the "Zimmerman isn't innocent until he proves it to ME" thing you two have going on here.

huh? I don't care. I just get disgusted by the glee shown. Zimmerman should have been grown up enough to handle this without killing.

huh? I don't care. I just get disgusted by the glee shown. Zimmerman should have been grown up enough to handle this without killing.

Glee? Really?

A kid is dead, his family shattered, and another man's life is a complete wreck in every imaginable way.

Nobody is happy that any of this happened.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
castle law is a lot different than stand your ground. I'm a huge proponent of castle law. you're all over the place.

Okay, then I'll put it in very simple terms...

If you spill my blood, you will die, and the only criminal will be you.

But just as there is no evidence that zimmerman is lying, there is no evidence he is telling the truth either. THAT is the truth of the matter.

So basically the jury is setting a precedent. If you want to kill someone, shoot them, and tell the police they attacked you. Maybe bloody yourself up a bit to make it look convincing, and there you go. You have committed murder, and successfully gotten away with it.

Not trying to be insulting toward you, but you seem to talking out of both sides of your mouth. You don't like the verdict (even say a murderer walks free), yet admit there is no evidence a murder was committed to convict. So...what is it you want? A perfect world? A trial isn't always about truth or finding out exactly what occurred. A jury came together and listened to all available testimony and evidence. They came to a conclusion and he was acquitted. That's how it works...like it or not. It doesn't matter if you think Martin deserved to be shot or not. The judicial system worked as intended.

Sure. that's the verdict. The justice system works. There is no evidence he committed a crime. I think any rational person can see the opposite, why it makes perfect sense that he DID. But there is no evidence. Sure, I get that. Yeah I don't like it, but if that's what the jury says and the law says, fine. I accept that.

But I do NOT get the sheer glee and happiness and jumping for joy that he was acquitted. It hasn't been DISPROVEN. And someones child is dead. Is it RIGHT to be gleeful about that when we don't know the truth? I don't think so. I think it's disturbing.

Glee? Really?

A kid is dead, his family shattered, and another man's life is a complete wreck in every imaginable way.

That's a load of it. People are all like "YAY HE WAS ACQUITED! JUSTICE WAS SERVED! HE IS INNOCENT! TM WAS A THUG WHO DESERVED IT!"

That is glee. People are HAPPY. That is WRONG to me. NOBODY should be happy about this.

THAT Is what I a trying to explain and get people to understand. Murder wasn't DISPROVEN, it just wasn't PROVEN. And a teen is still dead, and a family is ruined. What is there to be happy about?

"I'm gonna go drink me a 40 to celebrate! Keep it real Zimmy!"

really?

really?

Even if he is trolling, it's still EXTREMELY disrespectful and inappropriate.

Does that not sound perfectly reasonable to you? You say justice was done. But you cannot admit that there is not the possibility that he is actually guilty.

I don't think anyone should be happy about this verdict. There is NO evidence that he did NOT Murder travyon martin. There is just no evidence that he actually DID.

I would say sure be happy if we had evidence that martin had ACTUALLY attacked him and it WAS justified. But as the way the evidence is, there is a 50/50 chance he did murder him. But nobody can prove if he did or not. So are you still happy about it? We can be happy the justice system works the way as intended sure, but can we genuinely be happy that there is still a 50% chance that it was murdeR?

It's still entirely possible he went into this confrontation planning on shooting martin from the beginning. And I still think confronting fists with a gun is ludicrous. And who carries a loaded gun all the time? That is completely irresponsible to have a gun loaded and ready to fire at ALL TIMES walking around town. If THAT doesn't give the apperance of wannabe cop, I don't know what does.

Are you plotting a crime?

I'm being disrespectful and inappropriate? In what way?

*edit*

Sorry, I missed some context there. Yeah, got it now. I always just chalk that up to "it's the internet, people say stupid stuff to get a rise out of people"

Last edited:

Are you plotting a crime?

What? Of course not. :| The scenario in my post is an example of WHAT COULD HAVE happened here. An if alternative, if you will, to zimmermans version of events.

really?

he's showing us the real person inside.

really?

Well maybe not,I'm actually craving a Corona and they don't come in 40oz AFAIK.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
really?

You know, I really really had a better opinion of you until today. Today, right now, I think you are extremely immature, disrespectful, and inappropriate, because of those posts.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
really?

yeah, you meant "nothing" by bringing up 40 ozer's. disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back