Zerex asian or Peak Asian no good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people were backing Zerex Asian and then Walmart stopped carrying them. Peak Asian and now Supertech Asian was the replacement, but people were still iffy on them.

I maintain my family fleet which happens to be Camry - red, and Mazda - Green. I buy all the colors because there is always someone in the extended family that needs helps. When Walmart carried Zerex in all colors, I bought 2 of each and now I'm all out.

Zerex can be found at most auto parts stores for about $22-25 for a 50/50 gallon, I don't mind spending the money if it's still a good brand. But Walmart does have Peak Asian for $18. Supertech is about $13, that is another option but i never see it in stock.

I'll be buying 2 gal each of Blue, green and red again. That should last be quite a bit

My personal VW fleet is on dealer G13 @ $24 a 50/50 gallon.

I look at it this way. I drive a Honda and will use OEM Honda coolant...You dont change your coolant that often so I will stick to Honda Coolant for me...

Zerex Asian and Peak Asian are both good stuff :)

Pentofrost A-series is also good.
Pentofrost A1 is red concentrate
Pentoforst A2 is green concentrate
Pentofrost A3 is blue 50/50
Pentofrost A4 is pink 50/50

Autozone sells Peak OET Asian full-strength concentrate, but online-only. Available in blue, green, and red/pink

The Supertech Asian is NOT good because it's Prestone

ZAV and Peak Asian OET both still good to go as true Asian PHOAT AFs. Newest Super Tech "Asian" now made by Kost, not enough info on inhibitor pack, especially as relates to one, to recommend.

Best value I've seen recently in a true Asian premix is Napa Asian in blue or red tint. On sale till end of month for $12/gal. Rebranded Peak OET.

I look at it this way. I drive a Honda and will use OEM Honda coolant...You dont change your coolant that often so I will stick to Honda Coolant for me...
Agreed. I can get a gallon of Honda coolant at the dealer for ~$18 with my dads shop discount. Paying the same or more money for knockoff coolant would be stupid.

Reactions: hrv
Zerex Asian and Peak Asian are both good stuff :)

Pentofrost A-series is also good.
Pentofrost A1 is red concentrate
Pentoforst A2 is green concentrate
Pentofrost A3 is blue 50/50
Pentofrost A4 is pink 50/50

Autozone sells Peak OET Asian full-strength concentrate, but online-only. Available in blue, green, and red/pink

The Supertech Asian is NOT good because it's Prestone
Does the ST Asian actually have 2-EHA in it? That would be a HUGE no-no!

ZAV and Peak Asian OET both still good to go as true Asian PHOAT AFs. Newest Super Tech "Asian" now made by Kost, not enough info on inhibitor pack, especially as relates to one, to recommend.

Best value I've seen recently in a true Asian premix is Napa Asian in blue or red tint. On sale till end of month for $12/gal. Rebranded Peak OET.

I might stop by and grab the Red and blue ones. Thank you.

It doesn't seem like napa carries a green one for Mazdas that need FL22.

this is a non-issue. genuine toyota coolant destroys ther rtv sealant anyways lol

Didn't observe this in two 2UZ engines I have. I don't know if that helps any, but I drain radiators once a year even though they are designed to run longer miles per full fill. And the whole thing with the timing belt job, of course. One is Red and one is Pink; I use 2 different FPIGs though.

Pep Boys is listing concentrated Recochem green for less than $10, although I can't seem to add it to the cart. I bought two gallons on sale for about $17 a couple of years ago. Not sure where else this can be purchased for less than $20. One seller on Amazon wants about $50.

86-374GROEM%20GREEN%20CONCENTRATE%20HQ.jpg

Sadly the Recochem OEM coolant can't added to cart because few if any PB stores now a "parts stores". They are only tire and service centers. I believe that is format they said they were going to exclusively. All stores this region showing that, so that AF is a no go.

As an aside, once Carl Icahn (living Gordon Gekko) bought PepBoys, imo it was just a matter of time before he destroyed what was left of the company.

Last edited:
Didn't observe this in two 2UZ engines I have. I don't know if that helps any, but I drain radiators once a year even though they are designed to run longer miles per full fill. And the whole thing with the timing belt job, of course. One is Red and one is Pink; I use 2 different FPIGs though.
I thought FIPG 1282B was the most coolant-resistant of them. Turned out, per a post from The Critic, 1207B(FIPG 103) should be OK for coolant contact.

FWIW, I resealed the water inlet plate on a 3MZ-FE with 1282B. Refilled with Prestone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back