YouTube All Messed Up

For the last few weeks, when I am watching YouTube videos on my Sony TV's I am seeing this. Right before an ad pops up, the screen goes black, then the ad pops up and I skip the ad. The screen goes back to black with a delay and then I hear the audio before I see the YouTube video. And I don't mean it is a black screen flicker. It is a black screen delay before the ad and after the ad. I actually think I am missing part of the video. Like make a few seconds have been bypassed in all the blackness. It does it on both my TV's. Both are ethernet direct connected to the router. I use Apple TV as my go between.

Any ideas? YouTube TV, Netflix, Amazon, Apple TV all work fine. No glitches.

Reactions: JC1
I'm sure you have tried to cold reboot the TV. You may try to reinstall the Yourube app if it's not a native app.

I'm sure you have tried to cold reboot the TV. You may try to reinstall the Yourube app if it's not a native app.
This happens on every Roku device I have encountered as well, rebooting does absolutely nothing.

For me it will sometimes freeze the add forcing me to hit more information and close so the thing plays.

Something I’ve noticed is that it’s almost always the same adds that have the black screen issue and every time that specific ad plays even days or weeks later it always has the same problem

Don’t know what YouTubes problem is with playing a blasted add but it seems to be a universal problem Roku, android and even Visio’s proprietary player suffer from randomly.

Be thankful you don’t also get the fake bug driven HDCP errors, I encountered a Roku set telling me to check the cable when it was playing from the internal app.
HDCP should be illegal.

The app on my iPhone has been weird since an update a month or so ago. I noticed they did allow picture-in-picture for us plebs that don't pay for premium now.

Back