Why Won't Sound Come Back On After Sleep

You guys have been such a great help to me in solving my problems. Here is my current setup. I have 2 big screen Sony TV's each wired through a Sony Receiver going to 2 side speakers, mid channel speaker and a sub. I also use YouTubeTV as my channel guide and Apple TV for Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.

The Apple TV is set to stay awake for 5 hours on each one.

When the downstairs TV times out to inactivity, I can hit play and everything picks right back up where I left off. The same show, sound and everything.
When the upstairs TV times out due to inactivity, I can hit play and I get everything but sound. I then have to turn off everything and turn everything back on and the sound is fine. However, when the picture comes back, I can get the remote for the Sony receiver and hit the sound toggle and the sound comes back.

What am I missing?

They are the exact same receivers plugged in with HDMI's the exact same way.

They are plugged into same exact hdmi ports and all gear is the same.. tv, receiver and apple tv?
switch the apple boxes and see if the problem switches..
if not try switching the receivers
if not that either its obviously the tv(setting etc)

something obviously isnt the same of you wouldnt have the issue.

you need to troubleshoot it down to which is causing it.. then can research it with google if needed.

HDMI - ARC is enabled on tv and amp settings? ARC should signal the amp to wake up. HDMI is encrypted link so can be a bit touchy. is the cable identical?

HDMI - ARC is enabled on tv and amp settings? ARC should signal the amp to wake up. HDMI is encrypted link so can be a bit touchy. is the cable identical?
The HDMI is plugged in on the ARC #1 plug on TV and the ARC HDMI connection on the Receiver. I can’t find out a way to make sure if it is “turned on” on the TV.

Well, I fixed my problem but not the way I wanted to fix it. I set my Apple TV to go to sleep in 15 minutes. That way when I come
back everything is off and I just turn it all back on.

Back