Apple TV voice command doesn't work with Youtube app

My Apple TV remote has the voice feature which seems to work just fine with all apps except for Youtube. When I try to do a search on Youtube using the voice command, a message appears on the screen that says "Sorry, I can't help you search for that here", but if I do a search using the the letter box, where you move the cursor to each letter then click on it (which is a total pain in the back side to use btw), it will bring up many videos relating to that search title. Would any of you have any idea why it won't do a search when using the voice command on the remote? Just so the questions aren't asked, I have done resets on both my TV and the Apple TV, but that did no good...

We use AppleTV as our primary TV watching hardware on 5 TVs in the house and we have just about every major streaming service. One lingering frustration is how remote control inputs can work differently on all the different apps. IMO, if Apple is really serious about AppleTV they need to standardize all remote control inputs to do the exact same thing in all apps.

We use AppleTV as our primary TV watching hardware on 5 TVs in the house and we have just about every major streaming service. One lingering frustration is how remote control inputs can work differently on all the different apps. IMO, if Apple is really serious about AppleTV they need to standardize all remote control inputs to do the exact same thing in all apps.
We have an AppleTV and a Roku and it’s no better on the Roku either.

We are big on Roku devices ^^^ for a decade now have 6 of them in our home from various years, maybe 5 but then my wife tells me 6. *L*
We do use the Apple TV app on the Roku which works fine, we also have Netflix and Hulu.

Back