Your Top 2 Events of 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your top 2 events that impacted "you" in 2015?

I'll start:

1) Thymoma Cancer - Chest sawed open, large tumor extracted, and then rebounded to 100%. Whoa.

2) Took the Oath of Office to my 1st elected position.

Next. Go!

1) The deaths of both of my ex-racing Greyhounds (re-homed two more)

2) A rejet & tune on a rolling road giving me 45ish % extra power
smile.gif

My 2 moments are my eldest son's He got a steady job as legal counsel to a new company. He and his wife bought a house too.
3rd, my daughters boys are growing like weeds, 20 months and 3 yrs.

1) The birth of our first child, a girl weighing 8lbs, 2oz on 8/10/15

2) Spending Canadian Thanksgiving with my sister and her family in Ontario. Met my new nephew (born 12/22/14) for the first time.

Furnace unexpectedly took a dump, just had it replaced, waiting on bill....Fortunately it's been warm till now.

1. Put on high BP meds. Genetics at its finest. I don't drink/smoke, exercise religiously, etc. Can't beat Mother Nature.

2. Watched a 140 class 10 point buck in full rut, act like a fool this fall. He could have cared less that I was standing 20 yards from him, as he was following a scent trail of a doe about a hundred yards ahead of us. I whistled/waived my arms.... he just looked at me and went back to his duties...

1) Took charge of my physical health and lost 155 pounds to date (and ran my first marathon in Key West, Florida).

2) Completed my first adventure novel for publication (soon to be on Kindle).

It has been a good year!

1. Endured horrible back pain for the entire year. Degenerative disc disease...need surgery badly.

2. Refused surgery TWICE by my medical insurance. I have no idea what to do except deal with the pain.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
1. Endured horrible back pain for the entire year. Degenerative disc disease...need surgery badly.

2. Refused surgery TWICE by my medical insurance. I have no idea what to do except deal with the pain.

UH!
frown.gif
It won't fix the problem, but have you tried Acupuncture to reduce the pain??

Originally Posted By: Turk
Originally Posted By: andrewg

UH!
frown.gif
It won't fix the problem, but have you tried Acupuncture to reduce the pain??

Not yet. I'm slated to go to a pain clinic very soon. I'll try that for a while...then if that doesn't work I'll consider alternatives.

The surgery is a 50/50 chance at resuming a normal life and greatly reduced or eliminated pain. You are right that it doesn't always work.

I'm at the point now of trying marijuana. It's legal in this state....but I am so much against the typical weed culture that it is difficult for me to try it. I'm a very conservative person and highly anti-weed. But....I'm also anti-pain.

1. Son born

2. My youngest brother was supposed to be at my son's first "welcome to the world" party, but didn't feel well. We got the call the morning that he never made it home the night before. Car crash.

1) made a trip south to buy a rust free car. No return plane ticket and a four day weekend. Nailed the proof of concept. Did it again, lost brakes in Virginia, macgyvered them together in a lowes parking lot.

2) got the ball rolling on a better job. The vetting process is sloooooow and backlogged, as it often is.

Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
1-I retired.
2-Woke up still alive this morning.

If you wole up dead this morning, that would really be the event of the year
smile.gif

Had Asthma beginning of the year, have to use inhaler once or twice a day. Didn't have to take any medicine other than 1-2 Tylenol a month for various pains for 10-15 years.

Gained about 5-6 lbs this year from about 115 lbs to 120-121 lbs, try to gain another 5-10 lbs in 2016.

1: left the office for a apprenticeship (for more money and a better retirement)
2: my son everyday, he makes me laugh everyday. Hes 3 now.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
1-I retired.
2-Woke up still alive this morning.

If you wole up dead this morning, that would really be the event of the year
smile.gif

That will be the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back