Your thoughts on Valvoline White Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Valvoline, especially Nextgen and Maxlife.

I wouldn't hesitate to run Valvoline White Bottle if I find a good price on it.

Valvoline White Bottle is a very good oil.

Valvoline puts out great oils, white bottle will serve you well no doubt. I really think Maxlife is their best product though.

Spend some time in the UOA section and Valvoline's merits will become apparent.

My Nissan dealer used Valvoline conventional. Not a complaint here. I only use synthetic now as I have two high performance V8s in the desert.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
Even Wal-Mart is dropping Valvoline.

Yeah right.
smirk.gif
The three walmart's next to me have a bigger selection of Valvoline oils then the other brands in shelf space.

Valvoline is good stuff. My family has and still uses it since the 50's. Never had a dirty engine or excessive wear with it.

It's a premium dino to be sure. Looks like weak sauce but doen't perform like it. I wonder what they us that dosen't show up on voa/uoa's?

I never liked it. My engines were always noisier with it and it thinned out too quick. Granted, this was in the 80's, but, I have no reason to try it again as I like the way our vehicles run on what I am using in them now. Listed in sig.

I wouldn't hesitate to use it, it is slightly more $ than other major brand's dino around here.

It doesn't show much in VOA's, in fact it looks like an average cheap oil, but performs amazingly in UOA's; there's something in the add pack working magic that we don't see in a $25 UOA.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
thumbsup2.gif

I got just as good results in the UOAs when using Valvoline as I did with Amsoil, and there was plenty of additive left after 5000 miles.

In this UOA it performed like Mobil 1. Look at wear, Flash Point, and TBN.

Great for add-in make up oil, but I'd prefer to use a semi-synth for an oil change.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
My favorite is Nextgen.

But I would run Maxlife over White Bottle.

If the price is right, though, I'll run white bottle.

Best MPG should be Synpower (among Valvoline oils) and of course, running thinnest grade specified for your engine.

On balance, MPG is likely not going to be significantly noticed. Just run Valvoline and be content that it is good for your engine.

I never notice much mpg difference except maybe if the grade oil is vastly different (like 5w30 to 15w40). mpg varies quite a bit from season to season; so you have to compare like temperatures with like temperature, and because I don't do enough driving there just aren't enough datapoints.

Pretty good stuff...no personal experience but I have a buddy with an 06 chevy silverado 2500hd 6.0 vortec. 148,000 miles used as his work truck,involving many miles to and from work on dirt roads and used for plowing and towing around his atv's sleds and tractor. He has always used 10w30 when the manual called for 5w30. Truck still purrs like a kitten

Originally Posted By: electrolover
Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
Valvoline = [censored]

A whopping 4 months on bitog and now your qualified to call one of the top blenders product [censored]?? What proof do you have of this?

Whats with all the trolls?????

My own use of the product. I have had consistently poor results from Valvoline engine oil and even their gear oil. Papaw always flat out refused to use Valvoline and, after my own experiences with it, I understand why. No Valvoline will ever go near any of my vehicles again.

No trolling, those are my actual thoughts on Valvoline (white bottle or otherwise), which is the topic of the thread.

Valvoline of today is a lot better than the old Valvoline from the 90's and early 2000's.

I remember a time when BITOG was highly informative. Now it has to many amateurs with superstitions as evidence. Sigh

I don't understand blind brand loyalty. If it's reputable and on sale, I pick it up and buy it. Folks, don't lose sleep over this kind of stuff.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: awol350
junk complete junk id rather put PBR in my engine or Vaseline

33.gif
Complete junk?

How did you determine this?

VWB performs very well. With the change intervals most here do, you'd be hard pressed to find a difference in performance between any major brand.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Originally Posted By: awol350

With the change intervals most here do, you'd be hard pressed to find a difference in performance between any major brand.

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back