Your first car

Status
Not open for further replies.
283 3 speed manual with Rot over both headlights. Rotted floors. Thank God someone ran a stop sign and broadsided me. Got $35.00 more then I paid for it $235.00.
15.gif

1989 Tercel, 3 doors, 5 speed.

78 HP. That was a very good first car. When I got it, it was 6 years old and it spent the next 11 with me.

In 2005, I bought a new car but kept the '89 as a winter beater. It wasn't worth anything as a trade-in.

It didn't like being relegated like this and self destructed its engine by 2006. The body was still very decent. A local body shop guy offered to buy it. I exchanged it to him for 4 brand new winter tires for my new car, which was about what the shell was worth.

He found another engine, put it in and gave it to his son (or nephew?) as a first car. Apparently, it survived this young guy's pizza deliveries and went on to someone else.

1973 Ford Courier with a 302 v8 shoehorned into it.

Always overheated and would spin the tires in all three gears without trying.

1997 Saturn SL2, forest green with a tan interior and a 5 speed. 128,000 miles since new with nary a problem, except when the tree branch fell on top of it (fixed). Radiator had a soft spot in the side tank that bulged out and cracked after some 60,000 miles needing a replacement, but that was about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back