Your Favorite TV/Film Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
12065949_958000947571585_4682966091918898102_n.jpg

The 1967 Chevy Camaro RS/SS from the movie Better Off Dead.

an OK movie, but this is still my "dream" car.

I have always loved the "reveal" scene.

and a little more context in the movie:

The Landmaster from "[censored] Alley"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landmaster

12 wheels, articulated, amphibious, able to survive the nuclear holocaust.

Bazooka and cannons helped...

Popular Science described the Landmaster:

Three independent drive sources running from a gasoline power plant. Uses semi truck parts in the drive train. Can operate with the front or rear wheel trinary out of commission. Side and top hatches on the main unit and rear and top on the after section. Full running lights and brake lights for urban street use. External video camera is mounted on the forward pylon located just behind the front top hatch. Could also house the antenna. All pylons are hardened and armored. Can operate in water and will remain sealed when fully submerged. Can float while half full of water.[4]
While the film is fiction, the Landmaster vehicle is real. In the story, the Landmaster was designed to use as many standard truck parts as possible, so that any junkyard would have whatever was needed for repairs. The real Landmaster is powered by a 390-cubic-inch (6.4 L) Ford industrial engine, and uses the rear-ends of two commercial trucks and an Allison automatic truck transmission. It features a fully functional, custom-built "tri-star" wheel arrangement, which could actually help it crawl over boulders. All 12 wheels are driven, but only 8 are normally in contact with the road surface at any one time.[5]

The vehicle was steered not by turning the front wheels, but by bending the middle section with hydraulic rams to effect a turn, similar to large construction equipment. The Landmaster's bodywork was made with  3⁄8-inch (1 cm) steel plating, which helped it tip the scales at over 10 tons. The design's strength allowed it to survive a 25-foot (7.6 m) jump during testing with no damage.

Last edited:
The Devil’s choice, naturally: “The Car” from the 1977 movie of the same name
It’s a modified 1971 Lincoln Continental Mark III. Check out youtube here:

THE CAR

Bandit's '77 Trans Am
i002514.jpg

Driver's '55 from Two Lane Blacktop (some of the '55s used for filming in Two Lane Blacktop would later be used as Bob Falfa's car in American Graffiti)
i000888.jpg

Duke's '57 from Hollywood Knights (this was Popular Hot Rodding's Project X)
2016-12-27_00-37-49.jpg

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Both Mannix's Dodge Dart and Camero. Both have had 900 bullets holes patched and still drive perfectly!
156121-500-0.jpg

1356810195_4.jpg

That was one of my favorite shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back