You Tube - How to remove stuck quick connect fuel vacuum lines

That dude needs to read service info if he doesn't know what he is doing. Good grief, if you can't remove a quick disconnect, just slowly back away from the engine.

I recently posted about this on a '19 KL airbox. Someone had tried to "pick" it out and damaged the clip in some way I didn't care to investigate further.

If you can see in there you can run a pick inside and release the mechanism. Not much different than releasing electrical connectors by lifting the tabs with a pick.

That dude needs to read service info if he doesn't know what he is doing. Good grief, if you can't remove a quick disconnect, just slowly back away from the engine.

Some of those chevy coolant fittings have to come off in pieces after 20 years. The only durable part of those things is how well they get stuck on the heater core with their big rubber seals, and when you pull on them they just finish breaking

Most quick connects are fine

Very useful post Kovi. Check out posting #5. They are referring to you.

Last edited:
What’s getting lost in translation is these connectors release by pushing in the button, not fooling around with picks. It’s just that the fitting needs to be pushed in to relax any loading against the mechanism, something simple that some shade tree mechanics miss.

I recently posted about this on a '19 KL airbox. Someone had tried to "pick" it out and damaged the clip in some way I didn't care to investigate further.

If you can see in there you can run a pick inside and release the mechanism. Not much different than releasing electrical connectors by lifting the tabs with a pick.
Quoting myself, on this style you can see the white portion just shifts eccentric to create an "oval":
20240507_173814.jpg

If it's been previously jacked up and the push-tab is damaged you can just go inside with a pick like this and shove the "oval" to a round:
20240507_173845.jpg

Back