you think this guy is right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

All of this information was given to me by one of the lead engineers from Mobil Oil who told me he has never changed the synthetic oil in his 1998 Dodge Ram Beater, he simply filters the oil (his own process), and changes the filter every 5K miles. Synthetic oil gets dirty, but it never breaks down.

This phrase seems pretty accurate. Have we seen a UOA yet from Mobil-1 (or Amsoil for that matter) where replacement of the oil was required?

Filter change seems quite excessive. But if Mobil-1 lasts 20k miles (easily), and he's replacing a quart every time, I don't see him ever running into an issue with what he's doing.

""I personally know that all Synthetic oils will swell seals and gaskets""

that is the dumbest thing I have heard It may hold true to early ester syns but not with newer types.
bruce

never changed his oil ,just filter every 5K. Being a lead engineer he drives his company car everywhere and his Dodge has only done 5K since he started using synthetic oil

quote:

Originally posted by Dark Jedi:
this is what a guy posted over in this one site I goto. I think he is full of BULL> but what do I know. let you all let me know .

quote:

All of this information was given to me by one of the lead engineers from Mobil Oil .....

so what do you all think. right? some what right? or dont know what he is talking about?

I would never trust a lead engineer, maybe a copper or aluminum engineer, but not a lead one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back