You people are sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MBCLK
To prevent future panic attacks and grey hairs for all drivers...all automakers should think of having some sort of "Blackstone dipstick/lab analysis real time sensor for all fluids" built in all cars for oil, ATF, differential, coolant, windshield washer fluid, power steering fluid, brake fluid etc.. This sensor will let you know every chemical detail and makeup and also take into consideration driving behavior and patterns and interpret it in real time.

NO MORE BITOG for me once this is invented.

Yet folks will still disregard that feature and have no clue on whats going on. I think it would be awesome. Even if that came true...ill always be a BITOG freak.

Originally Posted By: Cornbread
One has to wonder: What is it about lubrication that fascinates us so?

LOL!

It it that transparent?
blush.gif

Are we all slaves of our hormones, our rational mind (or what passes for it) long since hijacked by the primordial demands (food!, sex!, power!) of the reptile brain within?

We speak with careful regard of alkylated naphthalenes and ponder the synergistic anti-wear characteristics of boron and zinc. We like to think we're so rational and wise, but in realty, all we are thinking about are pistons and bores and boundary layer friction!
20.gif

I'd write more, but I need to attend to the lubrication needs of my Super Duty Power Stroke.
45.gif

grin2.gif

Last edited:
"Just when I think I'm out, they keep pulling me back in!"

I am leaving as soon as I can take my FAR, 95% PAO based, EP oil out to an OCI, that extends to the life of the vehicle. Doing a UOA every 5,000 miles, at 3 different labs and averaging the data, to minimize testing error. In the end I should have a pretty conclusive idea, though by no means perfect, of what had gone on through the automobile's service life. After realizing I spent more time and money than anyone who drives their car in and out of Dippy Lube's every 3000 miles for $30 a clip will be hard to rationalize. The fact that my engine didn't last any longer will likely be hard for me to explain as well. At that point I might have to ask some of the experts on here what could have gone wrong.

I think we are really into longevity of equipment and we see oil as a means to that end. We want our stuff to last! Plus the chemistry is interesting.

Who knows about the primordial theory. Guess Herr Freud would have to weigh in on that one!

Originally Posted By: CobraJet
Because of this site I'm now addicted to trying to just use the best possible fluids and filters.

+1
thumbsup2.gif
... And on the nights this keeps me up I take sleeping pills!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: CobraJet
Because of this site I'm now addicted to trying to just use the best possible fluids and filters.

+1 and to use them just before you have fully maximized its full life

Originally Posted By: Pablo
There have been a lot of Psych posts lately.

Maybe we should start a "Do I need therapy" forum???

How about a "yes I need therapy, but refuse it" forum??
54.gif

Can totally relate. I have done my research, made my decisions....and am kidda done (except for this post!).

I have now decided that I like dino and synthetic...just depends upon application.

Originally Posted By: Mark888
I wonder if people on this forum have an above average interest in colon cleansing?

27.gif
Not me...

I wonder if they have ARX-ed it?
grin2.gif

I wonder if people on this forum have an above average interest in colon cleansing?

That's hysterical

A Big Mac will take care of that
grin2.gif

I have found that the only effective way of escaping the addiction and restored my life to some sense of normalcy is to start a flame war and get booted by the forum administrator.
been there . :- )

Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
The Auto-RX Enema. It makes a difference.
cod liver OIL ? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back