You meet the nicest people on a Honda.:)

My first bike was a '67 Suzuki 250 X6 Scrambler. It was a light 2 stroke bike with 6 speeds and could approach 100mph. It was quicker to around 70 mph than about any other scooter of the day. The Honda was heavier and probably more reliable in the long run. I put on about 15,000 summer miles and sold it in 1971 while living in Denver as I needed $ for a ring to give to the gal I live with yet today.

I and my wife in the 70's Had Honda CA77 Honda Dreams in 305 cc. Great riding bikes. Mine got 80-85 mpg. Full dress wuth a windshieid. Had a matching one for wife. Clutches would stick when cold after about 300 miles on the oil. Replace oil and then all was well again. You learn that when you pop it in gear on a cool morning and the bike takes off. They had a chain driven centrifugal oil filter.

Had basically the same bike, Honda 305 scrambler. Rode it every chance I got and really enjoyed it. Vietnam came calling so bike and car had to go.

Originally Posted by odotb
Had basically the same bike, Honda 305 scrambler. Rode it every chance I got and really enjoyed it. Vietnam came calling so bike and car had to go.

The 305 Scrambler was a great bike, tons of fun.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Originally Posted by odotb

The 305 Scrambler was a great bike, tons of fun.

My first bike was a 175 Scrambler. Bought it new in 69 to ride out in the country. Got mine after Vietnam had finished with me.

I like the Mini's to!
[Linked Image]

Yeah, nice bike. I had mine while stationed in Japan. Got chased down by the Japanese Police on a Honda750-4, he wasn't so nice...took me to jail! Base commander had to bail me out!

Now I have a 1982 Kawasaki 550C.

That sure stirs up the Honda memories... in 1967 Mary and I graduated
from High School... we had our first date and our first kiss on my
Honda 160... so not only do you meet the nicest people you also meet
future spouses...

[Linked Image]

Developing my Moto Cross skills... my poor Honda would hit the ground and bounce 3 times...
[Linked Image]

My first Honda was the 1970 Z50 K2, my first car was a 1978 Civic. The Minitrail had the longer rear fender and was yellow in colour. I can't believe that my father gave it away when my brother and I left for school. I bought my son a 1986 Z50R. He had a blast on it. I still have it and am waiting for my ten month old granddaughter to get a few more years behind her before we saddle her up. I currently also have a 1982 450 Nighthawk. I have had it for about twenty years. I don't put alot of miles on it but I only change the oil every year and it fires right up in the spring. I have also purchased about six Civics over the years, my current one being a 2005. That introduction to the Honda brand many years ago has made me believe that "you meet the nicest people on a Honda".

Very nice 305! I have plenty of saddle time on them. A friend recently picked one up as a restoration project. I always loved the way they ran, when tuned correctly of course. Smooth and quiet, very refined.

I have a 1974 Honda XL100, that after much work, runs well enough. But it truly needs restoration. I ride it around the airport.

Currently sporting a 1995 CB750 four with a bit over 22,000 miles.

The cabin 'up north' in Michigan was the corral for family biking, late 1960's.
Mini bikes for us kids and those old Honda Trail 90 bikes for parents, aunts uncles and Grands. As we grew up and years went by, Suzuki was popular. I had a Trail Hopper and family had those T-120's with the low range kicker thing.
Dad ended up with a 1975 CL360 he bought new in the crate around '77 or so, $800 I think
I stayed on trails and dirt as we lived next to a lot of nice acreage for us school kids having some independence. At that time, I was on a 1972 Yam DT 175 trying to keep up with moto head neighbor on a YZ mono shock thing. I rode the Yamaha into early marriage and some parts of Michigan winters around town. From mid 1980's to 2005 I was cycle-less til I picked up the Nighthawk.

Back