You guys need to be the first to get one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Toyota Tacoma?

From the link:

Quote:
The X-Class, unveiled in Sweden on Tuesday in concept form, was co-developed with Nissan and is based on the Japanese automaker’s global Navarra model. It features unique bodywork and an interior dressed to better fit its premium image.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Toyota Tacoma?

RIF:

Quote:

The X-Class, unveiled in Sweden on Tuesday in concept form, was co-developed with Nissan and is based on the Japanese automaker’s global Navarra model. It features unique bodywork and an interior dressed to better fit its premium image.

Does the warranty come with 10 year / 120,000 mile free towing? That's the only way a Mercedes truck would make sense.

Ed

Who is it marketed to? When auto manufacturers come out with a new product they usually target a certain type of buyer.

So Mercedes make a small van which is actually a Renault Kangoo with a new nose and some different trim parts.

And now Mercedes are making a pickup that is actually a Nissan navara?

Why pay the premium when the Kangoo and Navara are every bit as well engineered.

Who will Mercedes by copying technology from next?

Doesn't look as bad as I would expect, but it does look a bit like melted Tacoma in the front.

Kind of interesting to see Mercedes choose this platform (a reworked Nissan) to get into small/midsize pickups, but then again rebadges are generally the way that this market is entered by newcomers.

I bet it will sell very well in the Persian Gulf region and parts of Europe, but hard to say how something like this will sell elsewhere.

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
Still waiting on the Volkswagen Amarok and Ford Bronco.....

The Amarok is at least a real vehicle you can buy in parts of the world, just not the US. VW has never expressed much if any interest in trying to battle it out in the US truck market, so we may never see it here until used ones are old enough to be imported legally. If the Colorado/Canyon prove to be a sales success, that might push VW into bringing the Amarok here, but I think it would be a hard sell with their current emissions crisis...I'm sure US market smaller trucks are really on the back burner now.

Never believe anything Ford says about future smaller trucks or off-roadable SUVs. Who knows what they will do. They certainly know how to make them (or did), but have put basically no effort into US market trucks smaller than the F-Series since about 1998.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back