You choose what Oil I use!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay its coming up in a couple weeks for the oil change on the 1999 2.2l Camry. So I am going to let the forums decide what I will use. Can be a mix or none mixed formula. All up to you all. Oil filter will be a MicroGreen. I will do a UOA on the current oil which is PP. Then perform a UOA on the next one

Pennzoil straight 30
Pennzoil 20w-50
Castrol GTX MAGNATEC 5w-20
Castrol GTX MAGNATEC 0w-20
Castrol GTX MAGNATEC 5w-30
Havoline (i will have to check which kind)
Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 5w-30
Valvoline VR1 60
Valvoline straight 30
Valvoline 20w-50
QS 10w-40
Mobil Super 10w-30

Three quarts of the Valvoline 20w50 mixed with two quarts of the 0w20 Magnatec would be my preferred recipe. Plus it uses up some of the thick stuff and isn't boring.

Next oci, 2 quarts of the 60 weight stuff mixed with 5w20 or 0w20 Magnatec. Let's use up that Magnatech first buddy.

Maybe put all our names in a hat and draw the winner. Except for Donald since he didn't say anything.

It's Toyota engine. You could run it on a conventional 10W-30 with regular OCIs for another 200k miles! Pick what is available and a good value. I suggest something you can find at walmart in a 5qt jug.

ADD on oil choice LOL.

35.gif

Originally Posted By: Brolly
Okay its coming up in a couple weeks for the oil change on the 1999 2.2l Camry. So I am going to let the forums decide what I will use. Can be a mix or none mixed formula. All up to you all. Oil filter will be a MicroGreen. I will do a UOA on the current oil which is PP. Then perform a UOA on the next one

Pennzoil straight 30
Pennzoil 20w-50
Castrol GTX MAGNATEC 5w-20
Castrol GTX MAGNATEC 0w-20
Castrol GTX MAGNATEC 5w-30
Havoline (i will have to check which kind)
Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 5w-30
Valvoline VR1 60
Valvoline straight 30
Valvoline 20w-50
QS 10w-40
Mobil Super 10w-30

That engine would probably run fine on a 30W mix of Hoppes Gun Oil, STP Oil Treatment and Marvel Mystery Oil.

Last edited:
Out of the oils you list I'd put any of the xw30s in your car, but I feel like maxlife would be a better choice an anything else you listed, then Redline above Maxlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back