You asked the wrrrooonnnnng person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadian Tire only stays popular because you never have to pay full price for anything. Everything they have is on sale almost once a month.

Maybe she asked the right person, and maybe you should have steered her to the correct oil. You could have helped spread the word. Instead, you made a geek of yourself.
Share the love.

Jett Rink. You should come up and visit Canada
(Toronto, Niagara Falls, etc.) Let us know so we
can take you for a grand tour of all the Canadian
Tire stores you want to see.
grin.gif

Better idea. We'll send the wifes to the tourist
spots and all the BITOG members will go to the
strip joints.
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

patriot.gif
canada.gif

Quote:

Jett Rink. You should come up and visit Canada
(Toronto, Niagara Falls, etc.) Let us know so we
can take you for a grand tour of all the Canadian
Tire stores you want to see.
grin.gif

Better idea. We'll send the wifes to the tourist
spots and all the BITOG members will go to the
strip joints.
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

patriot.gif
canada.gif

Jason's in Windsor sounds nice!
patriot.gif

Quote:

Maybe she asked the right person, and maybe you should have steered her to the correct oil. You could have helped spread the word. Instead, you made a geek of yourself.
Share the love.

I think I did steer her to a correct oil. She had a jug of 10w30 semi-syn and asked what the difference was with syntetics. I established the car was a mid 1980s Lincoln and that she was travelling to Northern Ontario in January where you would reasonably expect -20F weather. While enormous American boats are not my specialty, I considered it might be likely that in 1986 10w30 was indicated, however in Canada in 2007 in January a 5w30 made more sense. So while I briefly explained synthetics, and indicated that you could achieve roughly the same semi syn effect by mixing in a litre of full sym with a jug of dino, I mainly directed the suggestion to a more winter appropriate grade like 5w30.

0w30 was out of the question as she seemed price sensitive, so I recommended the "also on sale this week" Pennzoil semi syn. She chose the house brand (made by Shell) 5w30 semi syn for a sale price about $3 less. Should be a decent oil for her applications. She seemed very appreciative.

Quote:

Then you did the right thing, and I am sorry to have implied that you went geek.

Not at all. It just makes a funnier story to imply that I went geek. I actually did say to her "boy you asked the wrong person" and explained that i was a little obsessed. I did have to stop myself a couple of times as I considered things like 'should I even get into the whole group iii vs PAO deal?"

I did not dare to mention BITOG. I thought that might creep her out. "You mean you belong to some kind of underground secret society that worships little german elves and reads scripture from the Book of Ester?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back