Yokohama GEOLANDAR G91AV 50k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
oilBabe's 2017 Rav4 came with these when we got it in October 2016 and at just under 51k miles, the three remaining were down to 4/32nds and were worrisome to her in the recent snows.

It's a tire, round, black, held air, didn't vibrate.

Totally inoffensive tire. Not really good or bad at anything.

I was satisfied with the lifespan. Had the seasons been a bit different, I might have managed another 5-10k miles out of them. But given the tread depth and another month of winter, it was time for new shoes.

I replaced them with Pirelli SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON PLUS since the tire I replaced in June 2018 due to irreparable road damage was this tire.

Had the local Sam's Club had the BFGOODRICH ADVANTAGE T/A SPORT LT, I might have considered a complete set of those, keeping the on-off Pirelli, getting the $80 for a set of 4 rebate. But instead, I chose to just go with the decently rated and reviewed Pirelli and roll (pardon the pun) with that for the next two years.

I'll try to remember to keep this updated, in case anyone else is considering these tires.

Since these were OE fitment tires, this information is applicable to this particular model when installed onto a RAV4 only.

They have no relation to the aftermarket (retail) version of this tire, or if this same model was found on a different make/model.

From what I can tell, this tire is available on tirerack.com

There is a 91A and the 91AV. Not many sizes offered. The 91AV is a 102H load rating tire (If I have the terms correct) while the 91A is only 101H. So it is a bit different, offering a greater load carrying capacity.

So for the 3 people on planet earth who want to replace or move to this tire and one of the two offered sizes works for them, here you go.

But yes, it's a pretty limited offering and market.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Since these were OE fitment tires, this information is applicable to this particular model when installed onto a RAV4 only.

They have no relation to the aftermarket (retail) version of this tire, or if this same model was found on a different make/model.

I think you'll like the Pirelli SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON PLUS.
I have become quite a fan of Pirelli tires. Not only for their overall performance(not high performance) but the everyday type of performance. I am considering them again on both the Altima & Civic in my signature when the time comes for replacement tires. I not only like their everydayness but, I happen to be one of those who actually likes their wet performance and don't find it a detriment as the test show.

I have experienced emergency situations in the wet weather and the P4 & P7 did fine even in high speed maneuvers to avoid an accident or deer. Maybe it was more the vehicle than the tires, or the weight balance of the vehicle or the fact that I had proper inflation pressure in the tires. Or the skilled driver behind the wheel.
laugh.gif
The guy who was paying attention! Lots of factors here.
smile.gif

Pirelli P4 & P7 seem to be the tires that I have had to have rebalanced less over their lifetime compared to other tires brands. Maybe I'm just getting lucky.

Last edited:
In closure, though the Scorpion Verde are of an older design, I believe that they've been updated to "PLUS" to keep them fresh, as newer tires come to market that will eclipse them.

I've had good luck with the P7. I had them on my Protege5 and two of the four tires on the Mazda3 are P7s and I'll replace the two no-name tires this coming fall barring any accidents or incidents with the others.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
I think you'll like the Pirelli SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON PLUS.
I have become quite a fan of Pirelli tires. Not only for their overall performance(not high performance) but the everyday type of performance. I am considering them again on both the Altima & Civic in my signature when the time comes for replacement tires. I not only like their everydayness but, I happen to be one of those who actually likes their wet performance and don't find it a detriment as the test show.

I have experienced emergency situations in the wet weather and the P4 & P7 did fine even in high speed maneuvers to avoid an accident or deer. Maybe it was more the vehicle than the tires, or the weight balance of the vehicle or the fact that I had proper inflation pressure in the tires. Or the skilled driver behind the wheel.
laugh.gif
The guy who was paying attention! Lots of factors here.
smile.gif

Pirelli P4 & P7 seem to be the tires that I have had to have rebalanced less over their lifetime compared to other tires brands. Maybe I'm just getting lucky.

Sounds like a good choice. I'm thinking of getting the Pirelli's also since I heard good things about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back