Yokahama EVS Db: As neat as asdvertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across these today and read up on them.

They advertise very low noise readings for a High Performance Tire...hence Db = decibel *lol*

Are they as described? It is interesting that Japanese Tires, Sumitomo, Yokahama, Bridgestone are turning out to be great performers in general.

read the reviews on tirerack and you'll see that they aren't very good at all. they get progressively noisier as time goes on. there was a voluntary recall on them b/c of all the complaints.

the db s2's are the second incarnation of the avs low noise tire. hopefully they are actually quiet this time. different cars get diferent results.

I had a set of them on my 97 GTP and they were quiet, but no quieter than the Michelins they replaced. They didn't get noisier on me, although I didn't have the car for very long after I got them. They hooked up well at the dragstrip for me though, I ran 13.78 at 100mph with that car, with a 2.04 60ft time.

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Pyrek:
for their price, they suck for grip.

I tend to agree as it is fitted on a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer 195/55 R15 and they are not exactly my favourote sorta rubber compound.. abit too hard for me liking.. I thing the Yokohamas AD07 are much better but then noiser but a great performer(used for "drifting")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back