Yes another which oil to put in next thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok..right at 4500 miles on current OIC...will be changing out at 5K to stay within warranty guidelines....(engine will have 33K next change)

Right now there are 3 quarts Chevron Supreme 5W30 SL and 1 qt of Havoline 5W30 SL in the sump.

Choices for next change from the stash

Castrol Syntec Blend 5W30 SM
Kendall GT-1 Synthetic Blend 5W30 SM
Havoline 5W30 SM
Havoline 5W30 SL
Pennz Platinum 5W30
Valvoline 5W30 SM

I'm leaning to the Castrol Syntec Blend due to Bill in Utah's vouching for it beng a nice running oil in his Corolla (same engine as my Matrix)

Come think of it, this engine has never seen the same oil in 2 consecutive OIC's...

Goose
patriot.gif

Goose,

Go for the Castrol Blend!
grin.gif

Its a good oil for the Toyota motor and lets see what you think.

That is will be going in my engine next week. (got a 2000 mile trip in June to do...)
cheers.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

I agree with TJ76's desire for another PP UOA, but I'd save the Plat for next winter considering your location.

Then again, you could take 1 qt. of each SM (except PP) and make a Four Corporation Concoction.
rolleyes.gif

We need more UOAs of Valvoline 5w-30! Especially from a clean engine like yours! Perhaps even Supertech 5w-30! Thanks

I say go with the Castrol Blend, only because I never hear much about it here at BITOG, and I am curious how well the oil does.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by surfstar:
psssst, its OCI (oil change interval)

I say go with whatever's thickest or near thickest for the spring/summer time.

Doh! Fat fingers! Wait they are sorta thin...darn no excuse
blush.gif

It will probably be the Castrol as I have had it sitting around the longest....

Goose
patriot.gif

I have been using M1 5w/30 in both of my vehicles for 6 month drain intervals (severe service). I am now switching over to PP just because I'm a cheapskate (and wanting to try something different- darn BITOG message boards!!!).

quote:

Originally posted by TomJones76:
I say go for the Platinum!
Not because it's neccesarily better, but we need more UOA of it...

I bought a 6 pack of PP on sale
canada.gif
at _Sam's Club_ a few weeks ago. I plan on putting in the PP 5W-30 in my 1zzfe engine sometime next week (draining the M1). I promise
cheers.gif
I will do a UOA on the PP in Aug/Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back