Yellow under oil cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Have a 2006 Toyota tundra 4.7 that rarely gets driven, and those are typically short. I pulled the truck out yesterday to check everything out and found a mass amount of yellow oily buildup under the oil cap. the trucks current fill is 5w30 amsoil and a mobil 1 filter. i wanted to leave this in for a whole year, i only have 6 months and 1000 miles on this. should i just take the truck out for some nice long drives and change it out or just leave it in? Im moving to Houston from Indiana in 2 weeks and dont want this moisture build up to be a problem on that 1000 mile trip.

Probably just condensation. A guy I work with had the same thing on a nearly identical year/engine truck. I don't they could find anything wrong with his. My cars do this sometimes in very cold weather and I've known for certain that there were no issues by way of UOA later on. Wipe it off before your trip and I bet it is perfectly clean when you get to Texas. If it is only water then it will burn off quickly as you start your trip south.

Thanks for the quick replies! This truck is parked in a cramped 1 car garage, and with this weird winter we've had i have been in the a few nights were everything was drenched in water from moisture in the air. so im guessing the inside of my motor was looking similar those nights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back