YB convert!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. sort of. I convinced my dad to start DIY oil changes again now that I moved back to our home town. He agreed since he's 71 years old and I'll be doing them for him. He's old school with 5k km (3k miles) oci's at the dealer with bulk 5w30 and an AC Delco P53. It's a 2002 Saturn SL1 with 125k km (~78k miles) and he maintains his cars very well. The car runs top notch.

So we spoke about it more today and I told him about the YB jug sale at Walmart for $11.88. We went there this evening and bought 4 jugs. We'll be buying the filter from the dealer since it's only $5 which is a good deal for an oem filter in Canada. Total cost of DIY = $17.88. Cost for oil change at dealer = $38.95.

He said he won't let it go past 5k km, so it looks like I'll be doing about 3 oil changes a year for him, and it's YB for the first year that's for sure
56.gif

Now I can stack some YB on top of my PP shrine
grin2.gif

Yep, it sure is nice hanging out with the old guy again. Sister, parents and now us all in the same neighborhood. Family was the reason we moved back from Montreal after 12 years. Good choice, it's beautiful here.

And now I get to perform more oc's!! Just like when I was 18 and doing the family oil changes
happy2.gif

I'm a big fan of the YB stuff as likely GrpII+ makes it same class as a blend in my mind. I'd use it to 5K miles.

I luv the PP at the right price but haven't seen it in awhile. PP seem like a waste for my 5K OCI warranty app, out of warranty I'd take it to 7.5K.

Last edited:
You are so going to get screwed.

That pensoil is full of wax and parafin. It will sludge up real bad. My brother is friends with a guy who knows a mechanic and all the engines he opens up with pensoil are sludgy and DOA.

PYB, my favorite oil!

Originally Posted By: milwaukee

That pensoil is full of wax and parafin. It will sludge up real bad. My brother is friends with a guy who knows a mechanic and all the engines he opens up with pensoil are sludgy and DOA.

PYB, my favorite oil!

crackmeup2.gif

I use yellow bottle in my wifes Sequoia. I have had zero problems with it in the freezing winter and the Hot summer. I never worry about it. I am a 3 month 3000 mile guy. I like YB.
I bought my own truck used the other guy used max life so I keep using max life. Other wise I would use YB in my truck too.

Originally Posted By: milwaukee

HUGH?? And it`s Pennzoil!

PYB, my favorite oil!

Just a concern that he's wasting good performance like on such a short OCI.
The YB oils are good because they CAN perform to the long end of the performance cycle.

They send the non-sludging oil to Canada.
grin2.gif

Good for you Webfors. You can never spend to much time with your Dad. We all know he could go further, but he's old school and I would not change a thing. I would also continue with the AC filters if that makes him happy. Wish I still had my Dad around to change oil for. Heck, I would do it every 2K if that's what he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back