Xtreme Xperience supercar weekend

This past weekend I did an Xtreme Xperience supercar drive at the Pittsburg International Racing Complex. I had a great time and thought it was well run.

I had signed up back in August for a Porsche GT3. You get three laps in the car of your choice. There was a Ferrari, two GT3s, two Lamborghini Huracans, a McLaren or two, a new Corvette and a Mustang GT I believe. Maybe another one or two that I don't remember. I have always loved Porsches going back to the Seventies. I had a 914 2.0 and a 911 back in the day (before being married), but that's a different story. So it is now 2020 and I'm 69 years old and figured this would be fun and possibly a last chance to do something like this .

They give you a half hour classroom before going out in a car, and they suggest that you go out in a drive-along ride in a Chevy sedan of some sort with a 450 hp. so that you get to see the track ahead of driving it. So I did that and got my wife to do that also, and she really liked it. (That was an extra $49 per person) Then I got to do my laps in the GT3. I was pretty excited. There is an instructor in the car with you and after what seemed like two laps he's telling me to pull in to the pits because that was three laps. I said something but he was sure it had been three laps. My wife had been taking pictures and watching so I asked her, and she said it had only been two laps also. Well now I'm starting to get a bad taste in my mouth about the whole thing. But luckily they give you some sort of memory stick to give to the driving instructor so that the laps can be sold to you later as a video. So at checkout I told the young lady that I was pretty sure that I had only gotten two laps. She brought up my video and confirmed that I had been shorted. She said she would go talk to the boss. She was only gone a few minutes. Meanwhile I'm thinking that they'll tell me I can have the video for free as consolation. The girl comes back and says I can have three laps in a Huracan. Holy crap. I hit the jackpot. So I got three laps in a Huracan with 602 hp. and AWD. I was in love. That car may have had aftermarket pipes on it because it just sounded like thunder when you put your foot down. What a fun ride.

We had a great weekend having spent Friday night in that area so that we wouldn't have to drive 4 or 5 hours to get there on Saturday morning. The trees were stunning on our drive out to Pittsburg on Friday. We had some good meals and really enjoyed ourselves.

Of course when I get home I have an email from Xtreme Xperience offering a discount if I pre-signup for a drive next year. I did it, so I'll be doing it again next year. And as much as I love Porsches, I'll be doing the Huracan again.

The Lamborghini Huracan is pretty loud from the factory. With aftermarket parts and parts in general for cars like these they're usually stock.

I was going to rent an exotic car for my 25th birthday several years ago, but it seems like the prices on rentals have skyrocketed over the last few years.

Sounds like a blast, what was the total cost on the weekend?...if you don't mind my asking

Not counting hotel for one night and meals, the GT3 laps were $300. The suggested insurance package was about $70 and then there was tax, which I don't remember. Then there was $49 each for my wife and I to do the ride-along for three laps. Ride-alongs are not required. I won't talk about the tips for the drivers, as I now think I tipped too much. It's not cheap by any means, but I got to do something that I wouldn't be able to do otherwise. I could afford more expensive cars than I buy, but that would not be a good use of my retirement funds. For me, this super car Xperience is worth it.

So under a grand for a great memory that you will have for the rest of your life....sounds like a good value unless you do something like this every weekend :ROFLMAO:

So under a grand for a great memory that you will have for the rest of your life....sounds like a good value unless you do something like this every weekend :ROFLMAO:

Not every weekend, but hopefully every year. As I said, I'm already signed up for a ride next year.

I went early this year. Got to drive the Hellcat Challenger wide body. Tons of fun. Too much power for a road course, but still a lot of fun. The ride along car is a Chevy SS with quite a few performance mods and a professional race car driver. They use it as the lead. Even if you aren't driving a car, you can pay to go on the ride along. The professional driver doesn't hold back (ours didn't) and you can really get a feel for how fast the cars are capable of going. They send all the cars out about 3 seconds apart from each other. I was lucky enough to be the first car behind the lead car. I ran off and left the other cars. Felt like I did a pretty good job staying at least close to the lead car.

I'll try to add the link to my video.

I went early this year. Got to drive the Hellcat Challenger wide body. Tons of fun. Too much power for a road course, but still a lot of fun. The ride along car is a Chevy SS with quite a few performance mods and a professional race car driver. They use it as the lead. Even if you aren't driving a car, you can pay to go on the ride along. The professional driver doesn't hold back (ours didn't) and you can really get a feel for how fast the cars are capable of going. They send all the cars out about 3 seconds apart from each other. I was lucky enough to be the first car behind the lead car. I ran off and left the other cars. Felt like I did a pretty good job staying at least close to the lead car.

I'll try to add the link to my video.

Looks fun! Anytime on the track is fun and especially in a beast like that!

I agree, supercars are great fun to drive, that's for sure. It's nice they gave you the bonus drive!!!! Amazing.

I get to drive all sorts of exotic cars. Not too long ago, I drove a LaFerrari, amazing car. The Mclaren F1 tops my list, but not for the reasons you might think. Today's LaFerrari and other supercars are considerably faster. I drove a McLaren M6B around an empty industrial park 30+ years ago (we used it as test-n-tune) , and I loved it beyond belief and nothing I've driven since was as much fun. 1600 pounds and 600HP is hard to beat. So when I got the chance to drive my boss' Mclaren F1, I jumped at the chance. I was not let down. The instant throttle response and brutal nature of the car endeared itself to me, just like the M6B so many years ago.

My lovely wife gifted me an Xtreme Xperience drive a few weeks ago. I got 3 laps in the GT3 at Milwaukee Mile Speedway. I also opted for the ride-along, to get a feel for the track. Man, those guys can drive!

I highly recommend it to anyone on the fence. A few hundred is worth it for the experience of a lifetime. We decided next year we'd both drive when they come back to Milwaukee.

Back