Xtreme Xperience: help me pick a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Father's Day this year, I got my dad and I a supercar driving experience at Autobahn Country Club. He's been eyeing the new C7 Stingray lately and is strongly considering getting one, so I figured what better way to "aid" the decision than to let him see what it's really capable of.

He'll drive the Vette for sure, but I can't decide what I want to drive. Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards the Ferrari because, well, it's a Ferrari. Already drove the base Gallardo a few years ago, so not terribly interested in that. SLS could be a real hoot. Curious about the GT-R because of all the hype, but I'm afraid it will feel rather boring.

And FYI, all the cars will have some sort of automatic trans (torque conv, single-clutch, dual-clutch).

Ferrari F430

2009_ferrari_f430_coupe-pic-33407.jpeg

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4

lamborghini-gallardo-lp560-4-01.jpg

Mercedes SLS AMG

ge4754978995060182352-620op.jpg

Nissan GT-R

the-new-supercar-nissan-gt-r-2012.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

BL3A2273.jpg

I would drive the C7 and the SLS. Do they have a Porsche option? I would love to drive a 911 Turbo S.

Originally Posted By: glock19
I would drive the C7 and the SLS. Do they have a Porsche option? I would love to drive a 911 Turbo S.

Sadly no. They have had the 911 Turbo before. I have driven a Boxster and Cayman on this track before.

They'll also have the McLaren MP4-12C but it costs twice as much as the others. It would be awesome to drive, but I suspect it will feel a bit detached, like the GT-R.

+1 C7 is a must if he is in the market. SLS is just a neat car, something a little different. Id go ferrari as the other one as it is the best looking car of the bunch.\

I may try to do this if it is open to the public, next time Im out in Chicago.

I would do the SLS because I want one in the worst way possible, especially after working across the street from a MBZ dealer and seeing them everyday.

The thing with all those cars is that they are not built to kill their owner. The awesome thing about a C6Z06 or a Viper is their intended purpose is the kill their owner.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

+1 C7 is a must if he is in the market. SLS is just a neat car, something a little different. Id go ferrari as the other one as it is the best looking car of the bunch.\

I may try to do this if it is open to the public, next time Im out in Chicago.

They'll be near you too. :)

http://thextremexperience.com/

(buy the voucher on Amazon Local, makes it half-price)

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
I'd do the SLS or F car, to bad they don't have a more modern Ferrari like the 458 or F12.

They do have a 458 Italia, but it won't be at this event.

Tell them you'll remove the rust from the brake rotors on the Mclaren in exchange for driving it at the normal rate.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
I don't think those brakes can rust...

thatsthejoke.jpg

For those interested, I chose the F430. Why? It's a Ferrari, plain and simple. Never driven one.

Originally Posted By: Mykl
Probably the Lamborghini.

Because Lamborghini.

Already drove one on that exact track, and also the "brother" (Audi R8 V10).

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: Mykl
Probably the Lamborghini.

Because Lamborghini.

Already drove one on that exact track, and also the "brother" (Audi R8 V10).

Ah well... then Ferrari.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back