x2 or x4 LED screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since KC is in the World Series but I find baseball a bit boring had to set my 2nd LCD TV next to our main screen to maintain a bit of my sanity. Something always interesting happens as soon as you flip. Got thinking why doesn't the larger LED's out today split into 2 or 4 screens?? Plenty of real-estate.. just use 4 different screens and combine them for the bigger view. Sure would be more expensive probably that's why. But we do something similar with CCTV and matrix switchers at work.. hmm I bet I can do that with normal TV also.

Sure has been nice over the last 3 days too watch the TV I normally do and whatever games is on at the same time. I have OTA only so makes it easier.

Maybe I'm missing something but, if you have cable or satellite the feed to your TV comes through their box. How could the TV do this if it's only getting a feed for one channel? Our cable company does has a picture in picture feature if you have one of their DVR boxes, but they are doing it, by having two feeds going through their equipment. The TV has nothing to do with it. All the TV is doing is showing the two channel feed they are providing.

One section would have the sound enabled.. they could program something on the remote for a quick change over. Cable or satellite wouldn't work unless you had 2 boxes. Unless they evolved to allow multiple feeds out of one box.

Whatever happened to PIP? I remember in the late 90's that was a huge feature on TVs. I guess no one used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back