Wow, what a difference between models of oil extractors

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
I have been using from Harbor Freight a Holt 2.3 Gallon Fluid extractor for about 18 months. $90. Never worked effiecent, struggled to get the hoses working well. Could not let it do its job without 100 percent supervision.

A few months ago I purchased a LuMAX LX-1314 fluid extra for $140. It has a manual pump or can also use a air compressor.

All I can say is the LuMAX is so much better than the Holt. A few pumps and one can walk away while it does its job. The hoses and connectors are so much better matched for fluid extraction than the Holt.

The LuMAX is a real fluid extractor, the Holt is a toy, and a weak one at that when comparing to the LuMAX.

PXL_20211211_130106413.jpg
PXL_20211211_130232234.jpg
PXL_20211211_130224403.jpg

Very nice. I've become a bit dissatisfied with my Mityvac lately. I'll have to hook the compressor up 4 or 5 times to empty my Touareg's sump, even with the oil fully up to temp.

Reactions: GON
I don't own one, but years ago recommended to my son the bitog favorite MightyVac 7201 for his Audi with engine top mounted cartridge filter. Told me after using, "the only way to go". Remains satisfied. If I was to purchase one now, 7201 it would be.

Glad you're satisfied with the Lumax. Too bad the Holt a no go, but good to know.

I have been using from Harbor Freight a Holt 2.3 Gallon Fluid extractor for about 18 months. $90. Never worked effiecent, struggled to get the hoses working well. Could not let it do its job without 100 percent supervision.

A few months ago I purchased a LuMAX LX-1314 fluid extra for $140. It has a manual pump or can also use a air compressor.

All I can say is the LuMAX is so much better than the Holt. A few pumps and one can walk away while it does its job. The hoses and connectors are so much better matched for fluid extraction than the Holt.

The LuMAX is a real fluid extractor, the Holt is a toy, and a weak one at that when comparing to the LuMAX.

View attachment 80712View attachment 80713View attachment 80714
Been using those for years. Got a new one similar to LuMax from Griot's Garage this time last year. Came with 3 sizes of oil extraction hoses and a brake bleeder hose + connections. Gave my older one to my nephew for working at his house. We use them for everything. Handy tool around house or your shop.

Reactions: GON
My 12 yr. old LiquiVac is still hanging in there. Drains trans. pans to minimize mess among other DIY fluid removal jobs around the garage. Takes up less space also.

I have a home made extractor made from a 5 gallon propane bottle. I hook it up to a vacuum pump to extract the oil, and to a compressor to blow the oil out into a 5 gallon gas can when the extractor gets full. Works great.

View attachment 80712View attachment 80713View attachment 80714

Yea, I've got a manual Harbor Freight Holt, too. Got to continuously pump it. The irony of saying it sucks.

glad I went with the metal compressor powered HF model then.. I had a topsider once.. that was a POS.

Back