Would a monster broadcast siren negate the massive rise in carjackings?

Sounds like Tacoma has turned into another poo hole city. With the cops stretched too thin we need to start taking matters into our own hands. No need to get the cops all rhilled up over a leaking car jacker

Just for comparison, Neighborhood Scout has crime rankings on their website. On a scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being the safest,

Chicago has a rank of 10.

Philadelphia has a rank of 8.

New York City has a rank of 19.

Tacoma has a rank of 1. 😵‍💫

One other thing...a side note...I'm assuming that you are 'hearing' about the car jackings from the media...we'll take a step back and make sure you get the right info. Not saying they are lying, but they tend to make things seems worse than they really are...that's how they get the ratings...scare tactics.

Even if she carried a gun, the carjacker has the element of surprise and the "victim" won't be able to pull their gun out. If they try and the carjacker is serious / stupid / crazy enough, the victim will probably be seriously injured or dead or if they're lucky, the shooter misses.

Is your car or her car worth it ? Give up the car. I'm not a pacifist either.
Assuming they don't kill or injure you even after giving up the car

Really? now she's sitting in the car with handgun, and there's a desperate and/or dumb and/or high, guy 3' away with his gun pointed at her? He has freedom of movement, who can duck out of her visual range instantly and get some low risk shots at her while his centre of mass is impossible for her hit.... Does being a licensed proficient handgun carrier give her 9 lives?
Some days my wife isn't my favorite person either, but I'm not telling her to pull a gun on an armed car jacker.
Totally depends on the situation. A trained firearm owner will know when and when not to pull your weapon. Of course the first defense is to not have to pull your weapon and to get away from the situation if possible. But you can’t be a defenseless sitting duck either. My gf carries a minimum of four firearms. Two, sometimes three on her person, and several strategically positioned in her vehicle. We both train at the range regularly.

One other thing...a side note...I'm assuming that you are 'hearing' about the car jackings from the media...we'll take a step back and make sure you get the right info. Not saying they are lying, but they tend to make things seems worse than they really are...that's how they get the ratings...scare tactics.
I have no doubt they are lying, but not about the car jackings. They are up all over along with car theft. They are getting young kids to do it around here because they just get released to their parents and probably never will do any jail time.

Your car is the best weapon if you have room to maneuver. Leave plenty of room and don't stop even if it means hitting something.

Really? now she's sitting in the car with handgun, and there's a desperate and/or dumb and/or high, guy 3' away with his gun pointed at her? He has freedom of movement, who can duck out of her visual range instantly and get some low risk shots at her while his centre of mass is impossible for her hit.... Does being a licensed proficient handgun carrier give her 9 lives?
Some days my wife isn't my favorite person either, but I'm not telling her to pull a gun on an armed car jacker.
Agree. Carrying a gun is the stupid answer -IMHO.

Just for comparison, Neighborhood Scout has crime rankings on their website. On a scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being the safest,

Chicago has a rank of 10.

Philadelphia has a rank of 8.

New York City has a rank of 19.

Tacoma has a rank of 1. 😵‍💫

Yea-but the good news in Tacoma doesn't make the papers nor the evening news.....The media can make it sound like there is a car jacking on every corner in Tacoma and the world is coming to an end.

I’d say 99.9% and 3/4 of those cockroaches aren’t proficient with a firearm. Get her a handgun she can comfortably handle and teach her how to use it with impeccable accuracy.
Are you willing to take that chance with your made-up numbers for your wife, mother, child, or some other loved one ?

Good luck, It seems that criminals are better off then civilized citizens. They get a slap on the hand. If you defend yourself ( run them over or shoot them) You get put in slammer.

Carjackings are on a massive increase. Solutions for a handgun response is not always feasible for a multitude of reasons.

Would a aftermarket " panic button" that BLASTED" a booming message be a way to counter car jackings? Have the panic button programmed so it can only be turned off with a key after certain amount of time like 15 minutes.

Seems not to expensive for the parts and the installation would be likely simple.
Take a Doberman or two with you everywhere. It's like a four legged Glock. Rottweiler and Belgian Malinois have similar results!

Attachments

• IMG_20220830_201004.jpg
    IMG_20220830_201004.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Resized_20190218_215503.jpg
    Resized_20190218_215503.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Resized_20191128_170317.jpg
    Resized_20191128_170317.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 5
I’d say 99.9% and 3/4 of those cockroaches aren’t proficient with a firearm. Get her a handgun she can comfortably handle and teach her how to use it with impeccable accuracy.

Proficient licensed handgun carriers diffuse these types of situations pretty much 100% of the time.
Just leave the effin' guns at home. There's no such thing as impeccable accuracy in a stressful situation. A firefight on the street between a crazed hijacker and a novice gun user is not a recipe for success.

Yea-but the good news in Tacoma doesn't make the papers nor the evening news.....The media can make it sound like there is a car jacking on every corner in Tacoma and the world is coming to an end.

Okay. Maybe Seattle is a better example.

Their ranking is at 2.

Reactions: CKN
Totally depends on the situation. A trained firearm owner will know when and when not to pull your weapon. Of course the first defense is to not have to pull your weapon and to get away from the situation if possible. But you can’t be a defenseless sitting duck either. My gf carries a minimum of four firearms. Two, sometimes three on her person, and several strategically positioned in her vehicle. We both train at the range regularly.
Interesting, do you practice a bunch of car jacking scenarios? Tactical theory? Ballistics theory?
I dunno, seems like if you are a special forces person trained for personal defense while driving around in civilian vehicles, you can improve your odds quite a bit in a car jacking situation. But for most of us , even if you are really good at punching holes in paper and not shooting yourself, you probably aren't going to want to live your life in that state of readiness and surveillance.
Practicing avoidance by vehicle choice, time of day and location, would be the best strategy in not becoming a victim for most people.

Just leave the effin' guns at home. There's no such thing as impeccable accuracy in a stressful situation. A firefight on the street between a crazed hijacker and a novice gun user is not a recipe for success.
Never said anything about a firefight. Owning a firearm takes a lot of responsibility, maturity, and respect. This isn’t an old black and white western. You have to respect the firearm. If you’re not proficient in your shooting accuracy, or if you tremble at the sight of a firearm, then no, you shouldn’t even be anywhere near a firearm.

Interesting, do you practice a bunch of car jacking scenarios? Tactical theory? Ballistics theory?
I dunno, seems like if you are a special forces person trained for personal defense while driving around in civilian vehicles, you can improve your odds quite a bit in a car jacking situation. But for most of us , even if you are really good at punching holes in paper and not shooting yourself, you probably aren't going to want to live your life in that state of readiness and surveillance.
Practicing avoidance by vehicle choice, time of day and location, would be the best strategy in not becoming a victim for most people.
Actually yes, we both do. She and I are licensed and trained personal protection officers. But that’s beside the point. I know CA is not a firearm friendly country, so I’m guessing most of not all citizens there are allowed to own firearms. Or am I totally wrong?

Responsible US citizens have the constitutional right to bear arms (unless you have a criminal record of course).

We need impeccable citizens with a fear of Almighty ☦️, and a respect for their fellow man. Times have changed and I am sure people could all look back to a more patient world. With all the crime why do you think people leave for less population filled areas like the country. People need to have a heart to heart. On a final 🤔...my doberman is an precision German engineered defender and biter and if I yelp he will go to work. I don't doubt or distrust his judgement in a life threatening situation.

High quality, super potent pepper spray would be my first choice. Literally douche their entire face with the stuff. Empty the entire canister on their head while they’re writhing on the ground. For good measure blast a few good streams up their nostrils and into their sinuses. Compared to shooting them this is a more reasonable form of self defense.

Scott

Last edited:
Every citizen who can LEGALLY own and carry a firearm should.
You do realize there are a lot of fruitcakes out there that LEGALLY own firearms, I"m sorry but I don't want to live in the Wild West. I've already stopped making eye contact with strangers because I know that's enough to set some off and you never know who's packin'.

Back