Worth changing transmission fluid on 2012 Honda Accord with 140,000 miles when it has never been done before?

I recently purchased a used 2012 Honda Accord that had 134,000 miles. Currently has 140,000 miles. Come to find out recently, the transmission fluid has never been changed. Is it worth doing it now? I've heard people tell me no and others tell me yes. I'm not experiencing any issues with the transmission at all so I'd like to know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
If it were mine and the transmission was operating properly I would change it. In fact if there were some issues I would change it as well. Sometimes a transmission service can improve transmission performance, especially if the fluid is shot and a screen or filter is partially clogged or blocked, depending on the vehicle. I don't buy into changing transmission fluid in a vehicle that never had it changed will kill it. IMO if that's the case then the transmission wasn't long to this world before the service.

Take it to Valvoline and have them flush the fluid, if you drop the pan, or open drain plug, torque converter will not drain.
Some OEM Torque converters have a drain plug.

. On my custom built Race converters I braze a drain plug with safety wire loops on the impeller cover and then do both a static and dynamic balance. This way I can almost completely drain all the fluid from the transmission. Naturally the valve body and servos housing will still hold some fluid. But the bulk of the fluid can be drained and replace. I would guess 98% by measurements from a dry transmission and filling.

Some OEM Torque converters have a drain plug.

. On my custom built Race converters I braze a drain plug with safety wire loops on the impeller cover and then do both a static and dynamic balance. This way I can almost completely drain all the fluid from the transmission. Naturally the valve body and servos housing will still hold some fluid. But the bulk of the fluid can be drained and replace. I would guess 98% by measurements from a dry transmission and filling.
MB and older Ford transmissions are the only ones I can think of.

Back