World’s most valuable Ford Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tire Business

"Police intercepted about 400 pounds of meth, with a street value of about $3.4 million, packed into spare tires and hidden in the trunks of Ford Fusion cars built in Hermosillo, Mexico."

I heard about this years ago and thought that it had stopped. Imagine being the kid who checked that tire!

They take the drugs out once in the USA. No imagine you buy one of these cars. New. You do not do drugs BUT there is traces in the car and a dog alerts. You get your car disassembled. If they dropped any and it is found you face prosecution and conviction.

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
They take the drugs out once in the USA. No imagine you buy one of these cars. New. You do not do drugs BUT there is traces in the car and a dog alerts. You get your car disassembled. If they dropped any and it is found you face prosecution and conviction.
This might be better than the alternative. The cartels know which vehicles their product was put in and you can be sure that they can track it down. I wouldn't want them to come looking for it to get it back after I've bought one of these cars.

I would stay away from the Ford Fusion coming from Mexico with a 10 foot pole. If you buy a new Fusion and a state trooper finds any traces of Meth in the trunk, the car is automatic seized for civil forfeiture of property. Easy pickings by law enforcement and you are out a brand new car.

Originally Posted by camryrolla
I would stay away from the Ford Fusion coming from Mexico with a 10 foot pole. If you buy a new Fusion and a state trooper finds any traces of Meth in the trunk, the car is automatic seized for civil forfeiture of property. Easy pickings by law enforcement and you are out a brand new car.

If you are a Ford dealer, you are going to want to have these cars examined before accepting them to sell.....

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by camryrolla

If you are a Ford dealer, you are going to want to have these cars examined before accepting them to sell.....

Hopefully it would be caught in the Pre Delivery Inspection. What would happen at that point is beyond me.

This is partially why Ford dealer have to jump through so many hoops to get a key code for a vehicle. A dealer in Texas was providing keys to one of the cartels who would put drugs in the trunks of American cars while they were in Mexico and then retrieve the drugs once they crossed the border. They did it to someone who was caught and could prove their key code was pulled without proper ID.

This happens all the time, not just Ford, not just Fusion. Even a Home Depot's import got this stuff all the time.

The $3.4M is likely market price if you sell all of them, before they get to the street they are likely way lower in value (i.e. 1/50 of them) because the "value add" of the cartels are not factored in yet.

This is why they won't come messing with individual owners if they lost the car (the risk of getting caught is too high, they are not stupid), if it is in the dealer they may buy it MSRP though... They also won't want to flood the street and drive the price down, or risk getting busted with too much in one location.

Last edited:
Take it to a drug store.
banana2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back