Ontario Police find Meth in Fords from Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this isn't good... (Not blaming Ford clearly it's an intercept in between the plant to the dealerships)
https://www.guelphtoday.com/around-...d-in-spare-tires-of-new-vehicles-1263583

Employees at four Ford dealerships in Ontario are credited with notifying police after discovering meth stashed in spare tires that did not match the make and model of Ford Fusions being shipped from Mexico

VAUGHAN - Ontario Provincial Police and its partners have released more information regarding an investigation into the smuggling and distribution of illegal drugs into Canada.

At a news conference today, OPP Deputy Commissioner Rick Barnum and Superintendent Bryan MacKillop explained how contraband drugs had been concealed in new vehicles built at a Ford Motor Company plant in Mexico being shipped via rail cars to Canada. Employees at four Ford dealerships in Ontario are credited with notifying police after discovering methamphetamine stashed within spare tires that did not match the make and model of Ford Fusions being shipped.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dishdude
Didn't this happen a few years ago as well?

That was Weed and I think it was in the bumpers.

Originally Posted by TTK
Wonder how they planned to retrieve that stash?

There are most likely a few people on the transport dispatch side in the know where vehicles will end up at. There could be a few dealers that have employees that remove the spare tire when the vehicle arrives.
And I bet some vehicles end up being bought before the drugs get removed. So there are a handful of people in the U.S. and Canada driving around with a spare tire full of drugs they don't know about.
But innocent people never go to jail, or do they?

Originally Posted by TTK

Steal the car, sell it to a chop shop minus the tire and the drugs?

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Originally Posted by TTK

There are most likely a few people on the transport dispatch side in the know where vehicles will end up at. There could be a few dealers that have employees that remove the spare tire when the vehicle arrives.
And I bet some vehicles end up being bought before the drugs get removed. So there are a handful of people in the U.S. and Canada driving around with a spare tire full of drugs they don't know about.
But innocent people never go to jail, or do they?

Thats disturbing. Imagine a traffic stop some years later or you drive your kid to school and the dog hits on your car. I could see some serious legal problems for the unknowing owner. Who know how long its been going on before they discovered it. Could be decades.

This is a strange story. I don't recognize this spare tire. Open it up, there's probably meth inside.

I suppose they could have noticed if they took the tire out and it seemed too heavy or contents rattling around, but what seems most likely is someone was supposed to intercept the shipments and pull the tires while still on the rail car, and failed to do so.

Originally Posted by StevieC

That was Weed and I think it was in the bumpers.

That is why we are such jerks about requiring proof of ownership and matching photo ID when someone wants a key code. One of the cartels was getting keys made by VIN at a Ford dealer in Texas and putting drugs in trunks of cars that were crossing the border. Someone got arrested and they tracked the key code lookup to the dealer and everything unraveled.

Probably the only way some one would buy a Ford. That might explain why there are so many Fords running around Lloydminster and Eastern Alberta in general.

No that was MAYOR Ford and Crack Cocaine.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by eljefino

lol.gif

Yeah his brother is now running our province as the Premiere.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted by eljefino

lol.gif

I have so many great responses and I'm sure anyone of them would get me banned
lol.gif

Yeah don't do that
lol.gif
.... Want you to be here for a long long time...

Cartels... Car building... Go hand in hand
lol.gif

Places in Columbia had even made submarines... Dangerous has they actually were to operate... But they did actually work though...

Originally Posted by StevieC
Well this isn't good... (Not blaming Ford clearly it's an intercept in between the plant to the dealerships)
https://www.guelphtoday.com/around-...d-in-spare-tires-of-new-vehicles-1263583

Employees at four Ford dealerships in Ontario are credited with notifying police after discovering meth stashed in spare tires that did not match the make and model of Ford Fusions being shipped from Mexico

VAUGHAN - Ontario Provincial Police and its partners have released more information regarding an investigation into the smuggling and distribution of illegal drugs into Canada.

At a news conference today, OPP Deputy Commissioner Rick Barnum and Superintendent Bryan MacKillop explained how contraband drugs had been concealed in new vehicles built at a Ford Motor Company plant in Mexico being shipped via rail cars to Canada. Employees at four Ford dealerships in Ontario are credited with notifying police after discovering methamphetamine stashed within spare tires that did not match the make and model of Ford Fusions being shipped.

This is quickly becoming a thing because cartels see it as a "closed" transaction.

When a mule gets busted, there is an information trail from the mule-turned-informant. When a driverless vehicle gets nailed, there is no snitch. When a car with an unwitting driver is nailed, there is no snitch, and the driver becomes the scapegoat.

I'm sure the traffickers get a real thrill out of steadily eroding our justice system as well.

I think it has to do with driver pay being terrible and folks that are desperate might partake in this sort of activity.

I have a few friends that are long-haul and daily drivers and none of them get paid well. One is an owner operator, the others drive for a company in their trucks.
They constantly have side stuff going on to make up the difference in pay.

They don't make anything near what their family members did that are retired now.

Last edited:
Bombastic pay changes even the "well" paid. Down here, there probably isn't a boat captain who hasn't gotten a "job offer" like that.

Knew one very well who stopped doing sightseeing tours and started importing Brazilian human beings instead. Within 8 months, he had built quite the mansion down in the Keys and owned 3 luxury yachts. After 8 months, he ended up with multiple Federal charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back